Chip Ellis (1 Viewer)

Suzie Q

Nitro Member
Does anyone know what happened to the family member of Chip Ellis? I didn't see the whole interview with Dave Reiff, but I saw how distraught he was. My heart just dropped when I saw him break down.

Suzie,

His grandfather was murdered. They said on the telecast that they had someone in custody. My heart went out to him. I really wanted him to win yesterday.

We're praying for you Chip and family!

That is just awful! I am glad they have the dirtbag in custody that did it. We are praying for ya Chip. Hang in there.

Chip is a really great guy! Got to sit and talk with him at Columbus a couple of years ago. All of our best wishes go out to him and his family during this difficult time.

Condolences and prayers for the Ellis family in this trying time.
I hope that this horrible tragedy pulls them closer together and that
the Lord places them in His hands.

It is just sickening. The sad thing is Chip's grandfather had used this kid to do some handiwork because he knew the kid needed some money. It is awful.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Jackie

WIStv.com Columbia, SC: Aiken authorities arrest suspect in beating death

Aiken authorities arrest suspect in beating death

May 7, 2007 07:56 AM EST

AIKEN, SC (WIS) - The Aiken County Sheriff's Office has arrested an Aiken man in connection with the beating death Tuesday night of his 81-year-old neighbor, authorities say.

Chad E. Williams, age 21, is charged with armed robbery and murder.

Investigators arrested Williams Thursday afternoon following an interview at the Aiken Co. Sheriff's Office.

"Our investigation now clearly shows robbery was the motive in this case," said Sheriff Michael Hunt in a written news release.

On Wednesday morning, a relative discovered the victim lying face down at the entrance of a bathroom in the mobile home.

The victim has been identified as 81-year-old Hubert Ellis.

ACSO investigators on Thursday returned to the victim's home and searched the home and surrounding area for evidence in the case.

Williams was being held at the Aiken County Detention Center.

Jackie,

Thank you for the information. I can't believe that someone would do that to another human being. Please let Chip and his family know that they are in our prayers.

Suzie "O"

Jesus Harold Friggin Chr!st...We spent Saturday in Aiken, and all day Sunday in Columbia. My company's largest customer has locations in both cities.

I'll ask around, and see what other information is available.

My heart really goes out to the Ellis family.

Just spoke with some EMTs that are our customers in Aiken, SC. Apparently, Mr. Ellis was known to help out others in their time of need by offering odd jobs, and was allegedly murdered by a young punk that he'd employed. The suspect is a known trouble maker, according to a member of local law enforcement that I spoke with. I just hope that justice is swift and prudent for Mr. Ellis's killer.

WIStv.com Columbia, SC: Aiken authorities arrest suspect in beating death

All that aside, I personally thought that the way ESPN2 stuck a camera in Chip's face was extremely tasteless, knowing/hoping that he would break down on camera under the weight of this recent tragedy. I know Dave Rieff doesn't have control over the interview selection, but damn...

All that aside, I personally thought that the way ESPN2 stuck a camera in Chip's face was extremely tasteless, knowing/hoping that he would break down on camera under the weight of this recent tragedy. I know Dave Rieff doesn't have control over the interview selection, but damn...

That's a good point. Why not mention it so fans know something is up but give the guy a break when he is trying to do his job with a heavy heart!!!

I could almost feel Chip's pain watching that interview.

My heart goes out to him and his family.

I'm sure Chip was asked before the interview. I don't believe Dave would have even asked without Chip's permission.

I just dont understant people today. It takes a special kind of screwed up person to do some of the things people do these days. My heart goes out to the entire Ellis family.

I just wish the entire Ellis family the best during these very tough times. The interview was very hard to watch and I almost stopped looking as I felt that the feelings were too personal for me (a stranger) to watch.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Ellis family. Such a bad thing all the way around.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back