Chief Auto Parts Nationals, Ennis-1986 (1 Viewer)

Rajunz

Nitro Member
I also watched the two streamliners race in Baton Rouge in May of that year, I need to dig up those pictures soon.

ennis86.jpg

YouTube - Don Garlits vs. Gary Ormsby 1986 Cajun Nationals

I know people didn't like it, but Ormsby's streamliner is just awesome. I wish they would let them try it today!!!!

I also watched the two streamliners race in Baton Rouge in May of that year, I need to dig up those pictures soon.

QUOTE]

Judging by the angle and location of the pictures, we were sitting really close to where you were. We were also at Baton Rouge that year.

Does anyone know.....was that the first race at that track??? My memory is a little shaky but that seems like the year they opened and I seem to remember a big rain storm blowing in during eliminations. Turned the "parking lot" into a quagmire. :confused:

The 1986 Chief Nationals was won by Big Daddy and he beat our car driven by Darrell Gwynn, earlier on Thurs. we went out and set both ends of the national record. We ran a 5.28 on the first pass down the track and then ran 5.26 at 278 mph and had a severe downpour that delayed the final till 4:30 in the morning we ran Big then got beat went back to the trailer drained the oil loaded and Darrell and I started driving to Atlanta for the next race.Driving the rig on I-20 heading to Atlanta was very quiet as Darrell was beating his self up pretty bad.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back