Chicago's Nitro Testing (1 Viewer)

I'm still not sure where I come down on this argument, but I appreciate the fact that NHRA is trying new ideas.

On the one hand I agree with Ace that the cars are a lot safer today than they were 30 or 40 years ago. I just finished reading a book about classic Drag Cars and at the end of at least a half dozen of the chapters that each discussed a specific race car, it was said the driver was killed in a racing accident. That said, the reason we're safer today is because people were willing to try new ideas to improve safety.

On the flip side, if we're not careful we'll have TAD's, A/FD's and TA/FC's that are quicker and faster than their fuel counterparts. Not good. And then what does NHRA do, slow down the alcohol classes? They don't have the money the fuel cars do, what impact will that have on them?

A lot of changes have been incorporated since Darrell Russell, Eric Medlen and Scott Kalitta were taken from us but I think we have to be careful to avoid "Snow Globe Leadership." Meaning, NHRA has shaken the snow globe and instituted safety measures - let's allow the snow to settle a little before we get crazy making more changes.

Bottom line: I'm glad to see NHRA is at least willing to test ideas, but I don't think that just because they test them they should implement them.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back