Catch 22 Pro Stock Team (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
Folks, I don't know if you've heard or not, but Deuce Staley the new sponsor for the Catch-22 Pro Stock team next year was cut from the Pittsburgh Steelers. Apparently he has only played one game all year. Do you think this will affect his ability to sponsor a two car PS operation next year?

DEUCE STALEY CUT FROM STEELERS - ESPN.COM STORY

What I find funny is Marty Reid announced, at the Finals, the Catch-22 team, sponsored by 'former' NFL star Deuce Staley....which I found funny because he was on an active roster with the Steelers at the time.

Last edited:
Well, I just wonder if the funding will be there for him to sponsor this team...that is interesting in relationship to the Marty comment. Anyone else have any insight?

he is with yates right? Didnt Yates say in his blog he was still looking for a sponsor?

Bruce, I think I missed that story. Can you let me know where you found it?? Thanks man.

its not in print anywhere, i just know some of the guys that were involved in the teams and i just know what i was told. sorry guys.

I hope that this is a minor bump in the road for the team, I am sure that they thought of life after football for Deuce before going ahead with any type of racing team/partnership. If not (did they really expect NFL Dollars to keep rolling in ad infinitum?), Yates is right back to where he was this year, and at times, that wasn't that bad!

Compplus says all is well in the land of Catch 22 racing ... and Yates is quoted as saying that he and Staley had commitments for the team in Deuce's life after football. Good luck in '07 to all involved.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back