Capps vs Hagen Spoiler alert (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Muddy

Nitro Member
Capps wins and Hagen is out of the countdown. Capps smokes the tires at the hit....humm? If your going to use that logic for one team then you've got to apply it to both unless (I will admit I haven't checked) it's a one lane track

Hagen is still in the countdown. You have it backward.....

For all the conspiracy theorists, the prior 3 cars did the same thing as Capps in that lane. If DSR was going to throw races they would have done it numerous times the last 5 races when Hagan has been beat by his teammates. It will not matter if Hagan loses to Hight since Wilkerson is going to the semi's.

Just stirring the pot...don't really have a dog in this.:D

The same thing that happened to Capps happened to Hagan in the semi's. With Wilkerson going to the final, Hagan is out of the Countdown. Good effort by the team to make a run at it.

For all the conspiracy theorists, the prior 3 cars did the same thing as Capps in that lane. If DSR was going to throw races they would have done it numerous times the last 5 races when Hagan has been beat by his teammates. It will not matter if Hagan loses to Hight since Wilkerson is going to the semi's.

Well of course you would say that Paul, it wasn't JFR!!! :rolleyes: Makes ya wonder though....................just sayin'!!! :D

Well of course you would say that Paul, it wasn't JFR!!! :rolleyes: Makes ya wonder though....................just sayin'!!! :D

If DSR threw races Matt would be in the top 10, not 11th. Johnny beat Hagan in the finals at Sonoma and Ron beat Hagan in the semi's at Brainerd. Do the math.

If DSR threw races Matt would be in the top 10, not 11th. Johnny beat Hagan in the finals at Sonoma and Ron beat Hagan in the semi's at Brainerd. Do the math.

Oh please man. If you are going to constantly complain about diving at least be consistent in your claims. Prior to Indy '09, which is your favorite JFR race to mention, John beat Robert at Norwalk, Ashley beat Robert in Denver, and John beat Robert at Englishtown. But some how you have always failed to mention that. I don't have a problem with how any of the racing went down then or now, but you being up on your DSR soapbox is getting a little tiresome.

Oh please man. If you are going to constantly complain about diving at least be consistent in your claims. Prior to Indy '09, which is your favorite JFR race to mention, John beat Robert at Norwalk, Ashley beat Robert in Denver, and John beat Robert at Englishtown. But some how you have always failed to mention that. I don't have a problem with how any of the racing went down then or now, but you being up on your DSR soapbox is getting a little tiresome.

I don't recall the situation that early in the season back in 2009, but going into the Western Swing this year Hagan was way out of contention. If my memory is correct Robert was in the running the entire year and rounds weren't crucial until the cutoff. I stated those 2 races above because DSR was accused of throwing races to Hagan in those races. Sorry I struck a nerve, but in recent memory I am yet to see a blatant dive like Indy 09 from DSR. (Robert was less than 3 rounds out of the Countdown entering the Western Swing in 09 and Hagan was double that going into the Swing this year.) My point being, Robert could have easily made up less than 3 rounds in 5 races where Matt had much more work to do in the same amount of time. Sorry, but since Don made the mistake of having team orders (03 I think) his team has been straight forward with their racing which is more than I can say for others. Unless you have something else proving otherwise, I will support DSR and other teams that race heads up.

oh please man. If you are going to constantly complain about diving at least be consistent in your claims. Prior to indy '09, which is your favorite jfr race to mention, john beat robert at norwalk, ashley beat robert in denver, and john beat robert at englishtown. But some how you have always failed to mention that. I don't have a problem with how any of the racing went down then or now, but you being up on your dsr soapbox is getting a little tiresome.

thank you!!!

One question remains; Why did Capps (with lane choice) take the left lane after seeing the previous cars go up in smoke at the hit? Flame away!

As soon as that happened, I looked to the people I was sitting with and said "Oh crap, there goes the mater"

I was in the stands. Until the last pair of dragsters the lanes looked even. Then Doug K lit up em, followed by John Force. Both appeared to be more mechanical glitches than track issues. Then Capps went up. As soon as that happened, every car with lane choice started swapping lanes.
The next couple of cars forced into that lane also had issues.

Then it slowly came back and was fine.

No dive here folks.

As was pointed out earlier, why cut it close. There were dive oppotunities the last two races and it didn't happen.

I dont think Capps tanked, but that interview he gave at the end of the track reminded me of a bad actor auditioning for a role in a movie :p. Don demonstrated, earlier this year how much he cares about the NAPA sponsorship by moving Tobler to that car, which would indicate, he wouldn't dare jeopardize that same sponsor by gion' in the tank for another sponsor.

I don't recall the situation that early in the season back in 2009, but going into the Western Swing this year Hagan was way out of contention. If my memory is correct Robert was in the running the entire year and rounds weren't crucial until the cutoff. I stated those 2 races above because DSR was accused of throwing races to Hagan in those races. Sorry I struck a nerve, but in recent memory I am yet to see a blatant dive like Indy 09 from DSR. (Robert was less than 3 rounds out of the Countdown entering the Western Swing in 09 and Hagan was double that going into the Swing this year.) My point being, Robert could have easily made up less than 3 rounds in 5 races where Matt had much more work to do in the same amount of time. Sorry, but since Don made the mistake of having team orders (03 I think) his team has been straight forward with their racing which is more than I can say for others. Unless you have something else proving otherwise, I will support DSR and other teams that race heads up.

Or..............better at hiding the team orders!! :D And I'm with MMM on this one. Give it up because it is getting old. :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back