Capps @ Tucson Dragway Reunion Mar 23/24 (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
Confirmed with Mitch Gaynor yesterday that Ron Capps will be driving the Gaynor Funny Car at the 2nd annual Tucson Dragway Reunion Show Mar,23,24,25
Fri Gambler, Sat Nitro and Nostalgia, Sun Big Bucks Brackets SIR's 10th Anniversary Weekend!!! see ya there
...expect a couple of other surprise ;) New Page 1 or call 520-762-9700

Whose Mitch Gaynor? Jeffs evil twin lol:D Is this a day time event? Gates opening in the morning? Night events usually gates open in the afternoon, just wondering.

Last edited:
Confirmed with Mitch Gaynor yesterday that Ron Capps will be driving the Gaynor Funny Car at the 2nd annual Tucson Dragway Reunion Show Mar,23,24,25
Fri Gambler, Sat Nitro and Nostalgia, Sun Big Bucks Brackets SIR's 10th Anniversary Weekend!!! see ya there
...expect a couple of other surprise ;) New Page 1 or call 520-762-9700

are you talking about Jeff Gaynor? I know he has partnered with Bob Godfrey, is it going to be in that car, or is it a new car?

I asked Capps at the track today, its the Gaynor-Godfrey car. Capps sounded really excited about driving a Nostalgia car again, and said hed also be driving it at The March Meet too. I didnt realize Gaynors last body was damaged from the wheelstand last year until Capps mentioned it. I told him what great pictures it made for, he said yes it did but hes really tired of seeing those pictures!!

!on a side note, I asked Del Worsham the other night about his plans to run his Nostalgia car, he replied he had no plans at this time.

Last edited:
Already planned on being there; Capps is just icing on the cake; now, if only he would show up for Fontana....

Ya..the chassis that Capps "banged up" last year actually belonged to Rick Rogers with Jeff's body and motor.....that chassis is now rebodied and back to Rick. The "new" ride is a Gaynor/Godfrey deal....hope Ron does better this time around....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back