Capps at the big end - this says it all (1 Viewer)

NitroMustang65

Nitro Member
I knew that this race was going to be emotional, and I held together for the whole thing for the most part. Until Ron won, then everything that had been brewing within me for the past week came out. This pic says it all.

Edit: Well shoot, I just checked nhra.com and they have a much better pic. Ah well, it was very cool none the less :cool:

DSC05535.jpg

Last edited:
That was an awesome moment at the track! You could feel Eric's presence all weekend.

Congrats to all the winners and all the comptetitors that braved the elements and their emotions to give us fans a great show! :)

There's a pic of that on nhra.com? I must have it. *rushes over to nhra.com to politely download said photo for her blackberry*

Yeah, I was expecting this kind of show of emotion from Ron because he doesn't hold back (one of the reasons I like him), but it still really yanked the ole heartstrings. Pretty much cried through the 30 minutes of coverage they came back with for the end of the race.

Congratulations, Ron, and thank you for being you.

You know, I have never been a big Capps fan, but also, I have never really been against him either. After seeing his his top end interview from Houston I gotta admit I have new found respect for the man. What he said seemed VERY sincere,I got a little lump in my throat when he said he was going to miss his text message from his buddy after winning.

Ron Capps is and always will be a class act... but Whit Bazemore's response to the interview request after his 1st round win spoke volumes too. As did Brandon's .038 light in round 1. And... Bottom line, to borrow a line from Force, EVERYONE misses Eric Medlen and we always will.

I'll say it again today, and tomorrow, and the day after... Godspeed Eric, you will ALWAYS be missed, but we will find a way to carry on in your absence... Say hi to Darrell & Blaine & Jimmy & Trent & Sush and... ah hell, we miss you all and we look forward to bench racing with you in heaven some day...

Ron,You are a World Champion in Life.Great Tribute to Eric.Thanks, Joe Bernardo

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back