CAPCO (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
A great team and a great record and the dominate T/F team. I know a team can't win every race but maybe there is a little chink in the armor as I am seeing them smoke the tires more often. There are other great teams that have the ability to win but need to get more consistent. Also, Mike Salinas has lost 2 races because of his reaction time, he needs to pick it up.
Just saying.

makes you wonder what they are doing to find such consistency. they are often not the number 1 Q. they have a built in advantage as opponents know they have to push and run a number or get beat. both those guys can drive. i continue to enjoy watching their success........although, when i see them barely beat a team like millicans, if they damage an engine for the win, and millican (or other)
loses with a clean engine, then really there are two winners.

Things like this is why the Capco boys will always be one of my favorite teams.

Things like this is why the Capco boys will always be one of my favorite teams.
Thanks for sharing, we need more positive news now more than ever😎

Torrence himself seems to have put his past issues in the past and let's face it - the CAPCO bunch just flat has their stuff together. Steve was, however, fortunate to take Sonoma with his .115 light; he explained it as a mental error, the result of almost double-stepping. Happens to everybody now and then.

I hate to be critical of anyone driving a TF car - I certainly wouldn't qualify - but Leah definitely needs to work on her reaction times. She (and to a lesser extent, Brittany) is wildly inconsistent; she should have beaten Torrence and would have with anything quicker than a .104 RT.

Torrence himself seems to have put his past issues in the past and let's face it - the CAPCO bunch just flat has their stuff together. Steve was, however, fortunate to take Sonoma with his .115 light; he explained it as a mental error, the result of almost double-stepping. Happens to everybody now and then.

I hate to be critical of anyone driving a TF car - I certainly wouldn't qualify - but Leah definitely needs to work on her reaction times. She (and to a lesser extent, Brittany) is wildly inconsistent; she should have beaten Torrence and would have with anything quicker than a .104 RT.
They both had bad lights and he won. Once you speculate as to what "should have' happened, it's kind of silly because where do you stop?

They both had bad lights and he won. Once you speculate as to what "should have' happened, it's kind of silly because where do you stop?
Speculation wasn't my point; didn't mean it to appear that way. I'll try putting it another way - Leah Pruitt needs practice time, training, something - to get her RTs down in the same range as Ashley, Antron, Langdon and Torrence, to name a few. She's a young healthy woman; no reason why she shouldn't be cutting consistent .050-.060 lights. The car's setup could be a factor; I've have no way of knowing. I do know she loses lots of rounds - so does Alexis DeJoria and to some extent, Brittany - because of slow reaction times. Hate to see it, because all 3 are good drivers driving good cars set up by good teams.

The kind of comments Bobby made at Sonoma about the Blaine Johnson tribute car and the Johnson family certainly make me a fan of the team.

The kind of comments Bobby made at Sonoma about the Blaine Johnson tribute car and the Johnson family certainly make me a fan of the team.

The Laganas are some of the best people around. I instantly became a fan of those guys after meeting them in Tucson years ago.

As far as the competition how many times in the past with Force or Tony Schumacher or Greg Anderson did we see them be so dominate that the aura of facing them was almost as daunting as actually racing them to the point where you knew you had to be perfect to beat them and it mentally threw the competition off. I think that's a lot of what's happening now when teams face the Capco boys.

I was thinking about how good this team has been running over the last handful of years, and remembered something. As crazy as it sounds now, they actually let Richard Hogan go and brought in Lee Beard to run the car for while, then were able to get Richard back the following year. Imagine all the what if's in the scenario if Richard never came back.

Don Garlits once said that he won races he should have lost, cuz of the indimidation factor. I gotta race Garlits? Yeah, try not to red lite.... I don't think Prudhomme was ever worried about Garlits and I know Garlits respected Snake. Same with Shirley. She once called Garlits' driving "marginal". heh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back