Can someone clarify (1 Viewer)

Dubs

Nitro Member
As I was tossing and turning last night...I was wondering. When US Army (for example) pays DSR $5M (or whatever it is) for sponsorship bucks how much of this goes towards the car and how much of it goes to running the business (salaries, shop etc.)? How well does Don Schumacher do you think?

I have no REAL knowledge but, I DOUBT if any of the sponsors allocate where ANY of the dollars go.
That is, you pays your money for ad/logo placement and the number and type of personal appearance obligations - and that's it.
MAYBE there are "success incentives" (i.e. making the countdown, winning championship TV mentions etc)

who knows what sponsorships are worth.....as has been said before,
some are for a lot less than you'd think.
and regarding the army deal, i seem to remember that particular deal was
rumored to have been bid on by more than one team.
the army's sponsorship with don schumacher racing sure has paid off
handsomely though.

I'd be curious to find out how many people signed up for the Army based on the sponsorship of the dragster, or subsequent recruiting involved with the dragster sponsorship.

I'd be curious to find out how many people signed up for the Army based on the sponsorship of the dragster, or subsequent recruiting involved with the dragster sponsorship.

I do seem to remember recently reading, on NASCAR.com I think, that the Army was very happy with their motorsports sponsorships and the recruitment it brings. It said the sponsorship money comes out of their recruting budget and the sponsorship, at least for NASCAR, is done one year at a time. It did not go into actual numbers however.

The ARMY program is an example of doing it right. I don't know the numbers, I could guess, but what would be the point? I don't pretend to know the details on DSR's contract, but here are some thoughts. The ARMY sponsors the car (obviously) They also have a hospitality program. In most cases the hospitality is a separate contract. That's why some teams only do hospitality at certain races and not all of them. The ARMY also has a show car program as well as being involved in the Youth and Education program. I assume that Tony has a personal services contract that covers his speaking engagements and appearances on behalf of the army. And they have the Interactive Midway display. The cost of running the car is just one piece of the program.

Alan

I do seem to remember recently reading, on NASCAR.com I think, that the Army was very happy with their motorsports sponsorships and the recruitment it brings. It said the sponsorship money comes out of their recruting budget and the sponsorship, at least for NASCAR, is done one year at a time. It did not go into actual numbers however.

That's cool. I believe you are right on the one year at a time point.

I was told by someone that the NHRA is one of the Army's largest and most successful recruitment programs. This was from someone in the NHRA but they didn't have anything to do with the deal between with the NHRA and the Army.

The ARMY program is an example of doing it right. I don't know the numbers, I could guess, but what would be the point? I don't pretend to know the details on DSR's contract, but here are some thoughts. The ARMY sponsors the car (obviously) They also have a hospitality program. In most cases the hospitality is a separate contract. That's why some teams only do hospitality at certain races and not all of them. The ARMY also has a show car program as well as being involved in the Youth and Education program. I assume that Tony has a personal services contract that covers his speaking engagements and appearances on behalf of the army. And they have the Interactive Midway display. The cost of running the car is just one piece of the program.

Alan

So does that all fall under DSR or does just the race program fall under DSR? If all of it falls under DSR then that deal is a larger that I thought.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back