Can a Pro Stock go 6.20's..... (1 Viewer)

amanda Speed

Nitro Member
Just wanted to let you guys know today that dad (Rickie Smith) just went 6.308 at 222mph at Valdosta. All of the Mountain Motor Pro Stock guys are down there testing. He is going to try to dip into the 20's tomorrow!!! :eek:

That is Impressive Mountain motor or not! What gets me is the IHRA PS'ers have picked up huge in the last 3-4 years while the NOS Pro mods have become stagnant!:rolleyes:

I'm down here with dad helping.. We went 6.310 @222.88 Then we came back just to see if it would repeat and went 6.309 @222.80... Sonny has got us some good power.... We have our new motor going in tomorrow from sonny thats better on the dyno than the motor we ran today but the weather is going to be 6 to 8 degrees warmer tomorrow... Well tell yall some more later.... Rick jones is here with his ford and went a best of 6.38 @219,, And Steve spess went the best of 6.37 @ 220.08,,, and John Noble ran the best of 6.41 @ 218

Thats awesome Amanda and Matt, I hope your dad kicks ass over there this year. I would love for him to put it in the 6.20's. I havent decided yet but I think I am going to make the San Antonio opener next month.

What are the differences between NHRA Pro Stock and the Mountain Motor?
Fuel and cubes or what? Just curious. Thanks.

What are the differences between NHRA Pro Stock and the Mountain Motor?
Fuel and cubes or what? Just curious. Thanks.

NHRA is only 500 cubic inches and a IHRA Mountain Motor is 700 to/or 800. I am not sure since I dont follow IHRA that much but there is a big difference. I am sure someone here can tell you.

The HEMI headed IHRA Mountain Motor Pro Stock engines limit is around 822 ci. Wedge headed IHRA Mountain Motor Pro Stock engines limit is around 840ci. I believe that only Anthony Paone and Ron Miller still use wedge headed engines.

I'm not a huge pro stock fan, but I like the IHRA show much better than NHRA.
I like NHRA Pro Stock but the IHRA cars are just badass to the bone. The sound of those monster motors just can't be beat for a NA combo, they sound wicked!

Amanda and Matt, good luck to your dad, hope he pulls it off. :cool:

We ran today and broke in some new tires 1st.. The air was around 700 feet worse today and we ran 6.35 @222... Little light on the clutch.. Then we came back and put our new motor in and ran 6.39 @221 way way light on the clutch... So then we ran our last pass and ran6.33 @ 222 and was still light on the clutch.. The track was very good today and we just could not catch up with the clutch...All in all we were very happy..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back