California Hot Rod Reunion this weekend @ Famoso (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Looking at the schedule, NF/C's running on Sunday only.
I asked Darr, and he confirms this, so I'll be out there Sunday:D
Trying to sneak away from work Friday, but looks sketchy.
Will get some pics, I'm sure everyone's bored of my pics. They are the same ones everytime.
Any of you guys going?

i wish i was going....i'll be nostalgia racing but on the other coast....i hope i can make there one year...sounds like a good time

Ahhhhhh, one year removed from my first visit to B'field and I know I should be there this weekend. Sigh... Have fun everyone, and post 1000s of photos for us stuck in the east. Saturday was the best, I doubt there was more than any 20 minute period the whole day when one could not have stood next to a cackling fueler! If you're close, and don't go, shame on you! At least do the Friday night motel crawl!

I think most of you know where I will be- :eek:

And it won't be Bakersfield- :eek:

See you in March- :eek:

Since English already headed out, and passed my exit- :(

Have a great time Paul-
I dig your pics man, it'll piss me off if you don't shoot any!!
MENDY FRY!!

the car count is unbelievable!! and 86 cacklefest cars!!! the track must be holding up nicely to with all the good times listed.........but one car is missing........I dont see Gruzens Mouse listed........anyone have any info??

Lots of rain delays, the schedule is written in Jello. Hang in there, results will be on DRC whenever they run - got our best two nostalgia guys on it. They are almost as old as I am...

I couldn't believe the number of Campers and trailers. Folks were parked all the way down to the weight scales. I haven't seen this in years.

We were one of the cars parked "by the scales", actually past the scales. Last row. It wouldn't have been a big deal other than the PA didn't seem to work past half track, and the communication to us in the south 40 sucked. We had no idea when we were called.

Still wouldn't pass up the opportunity to be part of the Reunion. Great event!

The track just spent a ton of money on a new pa system and it sucked. They had the guys there on friday and saturday trying to fix but as you could see they didnt do the track any favors with the install or their service after the fact.

I was there just hanging out. Talk about a NITRO experience. I am guessing there were 120 plus cars running nitro on the place. It was my first and it was incredible. Sorry I missed you guys. Went to Milts, hung out with Gordon Jenner {Bubble Up funnycar}, Helped Bob Godfrey and went to the line with my friend Bob Bradley with that team.

Gruzen was down the main road, like always I am told. His back was hurting and I think he had Leah drive the car. I was riding and hanging out with Dick Mosely and his fiat.

You just have to be there to see for yourself I guess.

Rapid

Randy it was nice to put a face to the name and a pleasure to meet you.
Hope you make it out in March.

Sean,

Right back at you! I can't believe how many people I got to meet out there. I had a great time. I am planning on the March Meet already!

Rapid

Randy--
Thanks for leaving your card on the '55...sorry I wasn't in my pit when you came by!

Hope you had a great time @ Famoso!
Doug "Rocketman 207" Auzene

Hi Doug,

I saw you drive by in the lanes a time or two. So when I had some free time I went looking for you. Some guys pitted by you didn't know where you had gone, so I thought at least leaving a card you would know I was there to say Hi.

I had the best time,,,talk about a ton of Nitro cars!! Wow!!

Maybe the March Meet will work out to see you. :cool:

Rapid

Next time come to the tower and say 'hi' guys. You know I'm stuck up there working my fingers bloody (both of them) typing up results for DRC. I can hardly WAIT for The United States Fuel and Gas Championship #50 next March! 'THE'RE COMING IN FROM 38 STATES AND CANADA TO...BAAAAKERSFIELD'! Now who else remembers that screamer from the 60's in So Cal!

I just started a list for the March Meet, I missed out seeing so many guys at the CHHR. I will come see you. :D

I got to hear and watch more racing than I have in years since I wasn't racing at the event. You did a great job on the mic. :cool:

Rapid

Here was Doug's hot rod at the place. :D

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back