cab forward dragster? (1 Viewer)

I think he has run that on and off for 5-6 years now if not more.

He must be one of those people that like to sit in the front row of roller coasters, and built the dragster with a front row seat!! :D

Good lord, that cab forward design is down right ugly ! :eek:.... A blown rear tire and a sharp turn to the wall could get ugly for the driver

Calif racer Lee Davidson has been running it in S/C for many years. Now I get 'it' for a bracket style racer (judge the finish line better) as far as the A/F set up............you got me??????:confused:

Calif racer Lee Davidson has been running it in S/C for many years. Now I get 'it' for a bracket style racer (judge the finish line better) as far as the A/F set up............you got me??????:confused:

Looks like Big Jim's old RE Cuda chassis with a bridge built between the front and rear halves of the chassis...

d'kid

Lee Davidson's car is similar in design, but is not the same car. Mark Foster has been running this car, on and off, for the last half dozen years and from what I hear, it still belongs to Mark, although Bill Dunlap is driving it now.

as a kid I seem to remeber there was a nitro car similar. Either it was short or the driver sat towards the fron. Dave Miller maybe????

One of my all-time favorite Top Fuel cars...back when innovation and independent thinking was applauded rather than penalized.

I agree with ya Wes... But, JF just put a piece of "independent thinking" in front of his blower that probably cost more than my first two cars combined (and, as I recall, I may have made the same thing out of Bondo on one of them...:D).. How about this for an idea-

- make the rules about safety and cost, and turn everyone loose. Everyone can build a car that costs $150K, no more, based on documented invoices, and meeting all SFI standards for safety, but give everyone the ability to come out of the box with some "out-of-the-box" thinking..

You can spend 2 bazillion dollars on trucks, trailers, spare bits and pieces, handouts, cooks, whatever... but your car as it comes through tech must have a pricetag of $150K (or whatever the going price is now). Manufacturers will be held to the prices on their invoices so that way everyone can get the same super-trick items if they want it for the same price. You make something like heads on a one-off basis where you can't document the price? The invoice will read as the highest submitted price to date for the same type of component...

I'd love to see a bunch of cars that DON'T look like every other car... GO MR. DUNLAP!!

Registered member said:
Well put, I still miss those days.

Also I seem to recall folks laughing at BIG's rear engine car. It too was strange looking at the time. So different. In fact the other TFers refused to run next to him. A year later they all had one just like him.

I think we need to give it a chance, befor we judge. jmo

I agree with ya Wes... But, JF just put a piece of "independent thinking" in front of his blower that probably cost more than my first two cars combined (and, as I recall, I may have made the same thing out of Bondo on one of them...:D).. How about this for an idea-

- make the rules about safety and cost, and turn everyone loose. Everyone can build a car that costs $150K, no more, based on documented invoices, and meeting all SFI standards for safety, but give everyone the ability to come out of the box with some "out-of-the-box" thinking..
I'd love to see a bunch of cars that DON'T look like every other car... GO MR. DUNLAP!!

i will take two of what your drinkin bro! Great posts martin and wes. I could not agree more.
And thanks mr dave for the pics of 'DIAMOND DAVE' Miller. Also one of my favorites of all time. I loved the picture of buster on the side of his car!

As far as I can see , the only advantage is that the driver will be the first person at the scene of the accident

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back