C & J Energy Top Fuel Dragster (1 Viewer)

I am very happy for Vandergriff Motorsports and don't mean to derail this great news but why is it drag racing has to be "watered-down" by using other sports terminology?

I'm pretty sure it was not done intentional, but please, drag racing has plenty of it's own cute, cuddly and loveable terminologies that can used, let's not blur the lines between it and other sports, drag racing is as unique and American as any other sport, hell maybe even more so than some others.l

Last edited:
I am very happy for Vandergriff Motorsports and don't mean to derail this great news but why is it drag racing has to be "watered-down" by using other sports terminology?

I'm pretty sure it was not done intentional, but please, drag racing has plenty of it's own cute, cuddly and loveable terminologies that can used, let's not blur the lines between it and other sports, drag racing is as unique and American as any other sport, hell maybe even more so than some others.l
Yeah, I agree . I recall Dunn and Page calling runs "laps" a year or two ago. We dont need to "validate" drag racing by using NASCAR descriptions.

The term "laps" for has been used to as an alternative to pass for several years, at least 15 perhaps more.
Then for 15 years or more, it has been incorrect, possibly to draw in the roundy-round types, but still incorrect.

Drag cars do not run laps nor do they lap other cars, they "make runs", "make passes", etc.

Wow.......
We REALLY need to start racing. :(
Boogity boogity boogie..............oh crap, wrong sport again.

How about this Paul, you type whatever cute, cuddly and loveable terminologies that you wish, and I'll use whatever phrases I wish to use to get my points across. If you don't like what I'm using, just hit the ignore button (it's under the User's lists)........................:cool:

Get a life guys(full pull,laps) who gives a rats what you call it,just be happy there are more teams running the whole year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back