Budweiser...SOLD !!! - Bernstein...???? (1 Viewer)

kd

Nitro Member
With InBev buying A-B,...THIS can't be good news for King Kenny and gang.
WE all know these deals are NEVER good news for race sponsorships, especially drag racing. Im sure KB is Not liking the news!

Don't be frightened...

Take a look at this article, it may give you a better idea of what Carlos Brito, CEO of InBev has in store. August Busch IV, CEO and president of Anheuser-Busch will become a member of the Anheuser-Busch InBev board. Busch said he has no plans to shutter any of the 12 breweries in the U.S.

InBev's Bud Deal Unlikely To Change Branding Tactics

My guess is they'll leave things (mostly) in tact for 2009 and then beging cutting costs for 2010. That is usually the case in buy outs like this. It's better public relations to ease in to the new business model. InBev has gone on record to their share holders stating that significant cost cutting begins in 2010.

Regarding August Busch IV, the St Louis Post Dispatch reports that his position on the board will be ceremonial at best. He'll have "no administrative or managerial responsibilities".

Re: Don't be frightened...

Take a look at this article, it may give you a better idea of what Carlos Brito, CEO of InBev has in store. August Busch IV, CEO and president of Anheuser-Busch will become a member of the Anheuser-Busch InBev board. Busch said he has no plans to shutter any of the 12 breweries in the U.S.

InBev's Bud Deal Unlikely To Change Branding Tactics

That's what we heard in November also. All it took was one bad quarter for them (not us but the buy out's company) and after 22 years I'm out the door with 24 other key folks. They always say "no changes are planned".

That's what we heard in November also. All it took was one bad quarter for them (not us but the buy out's company) and after 22 years I'm out the door with 24 other key folks. They always say "no changes are planned".

Damn Bill I'm sorry to hear that, 2008 has been tough on us Sween(e)ys

Good luck.

how about looking at it this way.........
in-bev says to the busch family, "talk to us about sports marketing and
what have been some of your more successful programs and why"......

busch family responds with many successful programs including the bernsteins.

in-bev considers the possibility of expanding some USA domestic programs
into european markets, including drag racing, and they not only keep
the bernstein sponsorship in the USA, they expand into professional
european drag racing with a european beverage brand.

wouldn't that be cool.

Wouldn't dropping sports marketing cost them some market share? Aren't beer drinkers unified enough to have an impact? I don't drink so I am just asking, or is it already so big of a fight over my Miller/Coors/Bud is the best and I'm not switching for anything?

I know that I saw a Jack in the Box commercial stating that Burger King was British owned well over a decade ago and I have never since bought even a soft drink there. I have a personal problem with that country, I'll admit. I would suspect their consideration of sports marketing would be impacted more if the Bud drinkers were willing to jump ship an openly stated such.

I know of one loyal Bud drinker who happens to be an NHRA announcer and I suspect his brand loyalty would change if LB lost his sponsorship.

...........Busch said he has no plans to shutter any of the 12 breweries in the U.S.[/URL]

"They" always say things like that when a buyout happens. Then, after a (usually short) amount of time, you'll see a group of sober faced execs on the news, stating that "things have changed, and "We're forced to make these painful decisions blah blah blah blah." The news anchors will then switch to a live report from in front of a shuttered plant.

They can say anything they want now, but the reality is that once InBev owns A-B, nothing, and I repeat NOTHING will be off the table. InBev is shelling out a lot of dough to make this purchase, and their stockholders will NOT take lightly to a high debt load keeping their dividends down. They'll want serious cost cutting taking place right away to pay back the money used to buy A-B from the shareholders, or InBev's BOD will find themselves out of work. That's just simple economic reality. I've been through it myself. Unless they literally buy their own company back from InBev, I'd advise most of A-B's white collar workers, especially management, to get thier resumes updated.

It's happening here in this town with Delta buying Northwest.

"They" always say things like that when a buyout happens. Then, after a (usually short) amount of time, you'll see a group of sober faced execs on the news, stating that "things have changed, and "We're forced to make these painful decisions blah blah blah blah." The news anchors will then switch to a live report from in front of a shuttered plant.

They can say anything they want now, but the reality is that once InBev owns A-B, nothing, and I repeat NOTHING will be off the table. InBev is shelling out a lot of dough to make this purchase, and their stockholders will NOT take lightly to a high debt load keeping their dividends down. They'll want serious cost cutting taking place right away to pay back the money used to buy A-B from the shareholders, or InBev's BOD will find themselves out of work. That's just simple economic reality. I've been through it myself. Unless they literally buy their own company back from InBev, I'd advise most of A-B's white collar workers, especially management, to get thier resumes updated.

Kenny Bernstein Racing is not an employee of Anheuser-Busch, they are a tiny part of an absolutely huge advertising and marketing budget. Nobody on KB's team Bud dragster are employees of Anheuser-Busch.

Kenny Bernstein Racing is not an employee of Anheuser-Busch, they are a tiny part of an absolutely huge advertising and marketing budget. Nobody on KB's team Bud dragster are employees of Anheuser-Busch.
\

I completely understand that point Darr. What I meant to illustrate, and I didn't do a very good job of it, is that when the cost-cutting begins, absolutely nothing will be off the table. And that includes all advertising efforts. If KB racing manages to hold onto their sponsorship, that'll be great. I'm sure that Kenny has made many close friends over at A-B over the years. My point was that a lot of those people are probably going to be looking for new jobs when the deal is done. InBev will bring their own people in to do that work. It's not unusual for a new manager to come in, look things over, and say "Hmmmm, they've been doing this for some years new, maybe it's time to look at something new." and I've a feeling that Kenny's going to have to justify his operation to the new people. I hope he's successful, I really do. But I'll also not be surprised if he's looking for a new sponsor in a year or two.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see them spin off the Monster Brand for cash either.

Last edited:

\

I completely understand that point Darr. What I meant to illustrate, and I didn't do a very good job of it, is that when the cost-cutting begins, absolutely nothing will be off the table. And that includes all advertising efforts. If KB racing manages to hold onto their sponsorship, that'll be great. I'm sure that Kenny has made many close friends over at A-B over the years. My point was that a lot of those people are probably going to be looking for new jobs when the deal is done. InBev will bring their own people in to do that work. It's not unusual for a new manager to come in, look things over, and say "Hmmmm, they've been doing this for some years new, maybe it's time to look at something new." and I've a feeling that Kenny's going to have to justify his operation to the new people. I hope he's successful, I really do. But I'll also not be surprised if he's looking for a new sponsor in a year or two.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see them spin off the Monster Brand for cash either.
And when they do spin off the Monster brand, I invite all of the Monster fans to join up with VegasFuel, who will most definitely be a part of NHRA racing for some time to come! (Ok, shameless plug for Max and Co. but what the heck...)

I thought that AB didn't own Monster, but rather had a distribution agreement with them. I may be wrong.

And when they do spin off the Monster brand, I invite all of the Monster fans to join up with VegasFuel, who will most definitely be a part of NHRA racing for some time to come! (Ok, shameless plug for Max and Co. but what the heck...)

VegasFuel is HEMI powered and owned by a racer! ;)

Support those that are involved in racing...Go Max, GO!!!

All the more reason to cut them off... :(

All the more reason to cut them off... :(
I can't imagine the new power would do that.

Bud has been a staple in all forms of racing for 50 yrs.

The Bud Powerboat that won so many titles, etc. Kenny's success, Lil Dale and now Kasey..geez..they'd be fools to disassociate with that crowd.

Take all the trophies and put them in the new owners office..he wouldn't have room to sit down. :cool:

I can't imagine the new power would do that.

Bud has been a staple in all forms of racing for 50 yrs.

The Bud Powerboat that won so many titles, etc. Kenny's success, Lil Dale and now Kasey..geez..they'd be fools to disassociate with that crowd.

Take all the trophies and put them in the new owners office..he wouldn't have room to sit down. :cool:

Kenny is known for his business acumen. He wouldn't be where he is today if he didn't have that kind of savvy. It's my guess he's already getting his presentation ready for the new owners. I hope it all goes well, and we'll continue to see Brandon's digger painted red.
icon14.gif

Intially, when this deal got warm, I posted that ANY buyer would be foolish to fool withAB's marketing magic.
NOW, I'd be inclined to think they should spend a LOT of money to woo the beer drinker who doesn't appreciacte Belgium/Brasilian ownership.
However, I think it's now a 60/50 chance they could take a razor to a LOT of their traditional programs. Too many folks trying to show quick quarter-to-quarter results.

>>>>Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see them spin off the Monster Brand for cash either.<<
Monster is a free-standing 2 Billion dollar company with NO DEBT. Pretty formidable. At some point, however, they'll be sold to a Pepsi or Coke.

(Source: recent article in of the major business magazines)

My guess is they'll leave things (mostly) in tact for 2009 and then beging cutting costs for 2010. That is usually the case in buy outs like this. It's better public relations to ease in to the new business model. InBev has gone on record to their share holders stating that significant cost cutting begins in 2010.

Regarding August Busch IV, the St Louis Post Dispatch reports that his position on the board will be ceremonial at best. He'll have "no administrative or managerial responsibilities".

Bang-On as always John!!!!!
Darr should know HOW these things unfold.
Snake was told not to "sweat it" too...
As far as the "brand switchers" go, WHAT we gonna do???...
I say we all find a beer co. that has put ZILCH into drag racing and
"cry in our....":D

I say we all find a beer co. that has put ZILCH into drag racing and
"cry in our....":D

The fact is, Stella Artois is a damn good beer.

Maybe THEY could sponsor a car and 'kinda "man-up" their image.

For some reason, my only memory of "public" Stella was that "Whatever for the straight guy" show.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back