Brogdon: Oh so close in Houston (1 Viewer)

For Rodger Brogdon, Steve Kent and the RACERS EDGE Pro Stock team, Sunday’s final round had been a long time coming. While the results weren’t as hoped for, the race weekend showcased just how far this team has come.

After qualifying #2, the team responded with the 3rd quickest lap of the opening round, a 6.333 lap that eliminated Warren Johnson and then returned in round 2 to take out Erica Enders in a battle the 2 local Houston based drivers, again with the 3rd quickest lap of the round.

In the semi-finals, Rodger again took out a former world champion, this time sending Mike Edwards home early with the 2nd quickest run of the round, a stellar 6.641 in the less favored left hand lane.

The final round race against rookie Vincent Nobile, Brogdon once again provided a remarkable run, but came up sixteen ten thousandths of a second short at the finish line stripe. It was a race that already has many claiming it to be one of, if not the best ever Pro Stock final. Both drivers were .00 with their reaction time, and marched down track literally side by side.

“If I offered a bet to 1000 knowledgeable drag racing fans that gave them a .009 light and the 3rd quickest run of the day in the final round, virtually every one of them would take that bet, hell I would take that bet. Today unfortunately, it just wasn’t enough. Nobile and the Mountain View Tire guys gave us all a race that we’ll still be talking about when the season is over with.”

“We made 8 good, solid runs this weekend. We missed our second #1 qualifying spot of the season because of speed. We picked up nine out of a possible 12 bonus points during qualifying and took out 2 former world champs in the process. In the second round we raced Erica in yet another great, close race and we got a little payback for our race in Las Vegas where she got me off the line and held on for a close hole-shot win. Today I was just determined that it wasn’t going to happen again.”

Today’s race moved Brogdon and the RACERS EDGE team into 6th place in the Full Throttle points standings as the season starts to pick up momentum. The tour will take next weekend off for Mother’s Day and then race 5 out of the next 7 weekends.

With both the championship chase and the RACERS EDGE team gaining their momentum at the same time, and the team now adding a second car driven by Steve Kent, the feeling in the RACERS EDGE pits at the end of the day was surprisingly that of happiness, even after the final round loss.

“We’re going to race and have fun doing it, but we are as serious about the championship as every other team out here. Today I think, might have opened some eyes to that fact.”

Attachments

• HT Finals 022.jpg
    HT Finals 022.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 7
  • HT Finals 026.jpg
    HT Finals 026.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 5
  • HT Finals 038.jpg
    HT Finals 038.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 4
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread