Bristol? (1 Viewer)

At Gainesville I heard from one of the pro drivers that the contract is "being negotiated" for Father's Day weekend. No idea what the hangup is in coming to an agreement.
I heard its about money,bruton prob wants some but nhra prob wants it all lol

I heard its about money,bruton prob wants some but nhra prob wants it all lol

This seems weird to me. They have plenty of races at other Bruton tracks, twice at Vegas, twice at Charlotte, once in Sonoma. Is there a different deal for each Bruton track? Does Bristol want more than the other tracks? Does Bristol want something different than the other tracks like pros only or a night race? This seems like it should be much easier to get done with a Bruton facility rather than a one-off promoter/owner like Seattle or Denver.

Yeah, it's very weird. It's a popular race at a nice facility with ties to other tracks with confirmed races. It has a "traditional" date that I don't see why either side would want to move. It's in a rural, conservative part of a state that hasn't been particularly onerous with restrictions (Bruton should be happy that Carrier didn't build on the Virginia side!). In three more months I see minimal covid related disruption there. What's the holdup?

Given Bruton's inclination towards creating innovative event formats, for example, 4-wide drag racing, the high banked oval short track and then converting to dirt, the World of Outlaws race and the Funny Car vs. Dragster show of years ago; I would speculate he is proposing an extraordinary event for Bristol this year. Since there was no Bristol drag race last season, the timing is right to amplify spectator interest. Moreover, the attendance has waned at the Bristol event the last few seasons. The plans are being mitigated by whatever "pandemic protocols" may be in place at the time. This is just my opinion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back