Brainerd stock final (1 Viewer)

Smart racers too. Most racers might run Indy but not claim it because you have so many rounds to win. A regular National, it can be 5 or 6 rounds with a possible bye. Indy is 128 stockers with no bye and 8 rounds. I know a local racer that finished top ten but left a national and a divisional on the board. When I asked him about that, he said "I needed to win Vegas divisional to move up to top 2 or win. There are 8 rounds to win in Vegas with nothing but hitters claiming points at the last divisional. I'm wasn't feeling that lucky"

In my opinion, and I am probably biased because it is my home track, the Vegas 2 National Event followed by the last divisional event of the year in Vegas are the best National Event and Divisional Events on the NHRA calendar. You get bigger pro car counts at the National than any other race on the calendar, including Indy. And you get over 1,000 cars for the Divisional. They have had over 20 cars qualifying for 8 spots in the alcohol categories. Chris Demke once told me that winning the Vegas 2 Divisional is harder than winning the Jeg's All Stars. It is just a great way to end the season, Vegas 2 National - Vegas 2 Divisional - Pomona 2, so every body comes in every category.

Indy Class Eliminations a few years back. Best Stocker wheelie ever? You make the call!

Alan

I looked at points for Stock & S/S and didn't see her listed in the top 100. ??? I thought she would be way up there. The top 10 in each category are tuff, tuff racers.
You're only allowed to claim 3 of your first 6 national races in the Lucas Series and 5 of 8 divisionals. Unfortunately she was out of national claims and she's only been to 2 divisionals.

I shot this at Rock Falls the same day I took the Lance Line pic.
35054359_10156145950461609_1779915579394621440_o.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back