Bold Prediction: Smoke (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
Preview of Fall Quote from Tony Stewart Press Conference?

"I really wanted to be a part of the HAAS CNC camp with ownership but when they fell out of the Top 35 it was a moot point. I'm happy to be with Rick now and see if we can get the #5 car in victory lane at Daytona."

OR

"I'm happy that Joe Gibbs Racing and myself could come to an extension agreement."

Preview of Fall Quote from Tony Stewart Press Conference?

"I really wanted to be a part of the HAAS CNC camp with ownership but when they fell out of the Top 35 it was a moot point. I'm happy to be with Rick now and see if we can get the #5 car in victory lane at Daytona."

OR

"I'm happy that Joe Gibbs Racing and myself could come to an extension agreement."

The second one I really believe has little chance. You should see, if you haven't, the big Chevy bowtie prominently displayed on his USAC sprint cars (2) and midgets (2). Probably on his USAC Silver Crown cars too, didn't get to see them due to the rain. I'll try to get some pics up in the lounge.

The second one I really believe has little chance. You should see, if you haven't, the big Chevy bowtie prominently displayed on his USAC sprint cars (2) and midgets (2). Probably on his USAC Silver Crown cars too, didn't get to see them due to the rain. I'll try to get some pics up in the lounge.

I don't know if the Chevy thing is all that big since his USAC cars used to be sponsored by Mopar and he was driving GM in Nascar. I just hope where ever he ends up it is in a competitive car. I think he is in a pretty good situation with Gibbs now, so I would hate to see him risk that in a move to get to drive for GM.

I'll bet he still ends up with Haas. He has 2 other drivers lined up and some pretty big sponsors.

What is Home Depot's contract with Gibbs? Is it coming up for an extension? Do they go with Stewart, or stay with Gibbs?

Tony can get out of the contract- it happens every day. JGR is grooming Logano for that seat. At this point , it's just a matter of where TS lands. The latest buzz ( and it's probably only that) has Tony racing for Hendricks next year.

JGR is preparing to get Logano signed to a better contract. His current "development" contract was signed with Joey's father, Tom Logano. Tom signed a guarantee with JGR in 2005 that if Joey left the team when he turned 18, Tom would repay JGR for the money invested in his son.

According to the media, Silly season will be full-throttle in a few weeks. Several teams are expected to do some "driver" shuffling.

JD Gibbs has said that he fully intends to hold Tony to his contract. With that being said, they are also talking to drivers like Juan Montoya as a possible replacement for Tony. I really don't see Tony going to drive for Haas, could you imagine what Tony would be like if he was in a car that was not capable to win or even be in the top 10 every week. In my opinion, the only way Tony leaves Gibbs is if he is in a ride that is equal in quality to his current ride. The only team that fits the criteria of quality would be Hendrick. I heard yesterday on the Nascar channel on Sirius that RCR may also be a possibility, but they did say they can't see Tony leaving Gibbs and all this talk of Tony going elsewhere was Tony trying to get Gibbs to lock down his potentially last contract in Nascar sooner rather then later.

JD Gibbs can say what he wants but JoeGibbs knows best and he has already decided to let Tony out of the contract if Tony wants out.

Looks like:

Martin to the 5

Newman and Stewart to what is now HAAS Racing.

Mark Martin to the #5 is a done deal.

I fully expect Tony to go to HAAS, with Rocketman Ryan, and I fully expect The Home Depot to go with him.

Logano will be in the #20.

Once the Tony Stewart domino falls in Silly Season, things get crazy. I think we're going to need Bill Weber's notecards come Daytona in February.

Mark Martin to the #5 is a done deal.

I fully expect Tony to go to HAAS, with Rocketman Ryan, and I fully expect The Home Depot to go with him.

Logano will be in the #20.

Once the Tony Stewart domino falls in Silly Season, things get crazy. I think we're going to need Bill Weber's notecards come Daytona in February.

I don't need anything Bill Weber!! The guy could over dramatize me taking a pi$$!. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back