Bob Tasca III Unveiling (1 Viewer)

DLB

Nitro Member
Pics Below!
JDRF Funny Car Contest : Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International

If you haven't read about what they are doing, read about it - it's great!

Every round that Bob wins, FCSD will donate money to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

BTW, the kid that won is the son of the lead singer for MercyMe, Bart Millard. He had this posted on his blog sometime ago asking people to donate etc. They were excited about the chance. Neither has been to a pro drag race before I don't think.

DLB

Last edited:
Not only a picture:
sam-won.jpg

But also a video!
YouTube - MercyMe - Imagine A Cure Funny Car

AWESOME!

DLB

Hey, What a great idea.

JDRF happens to be my favorite charity (the money raised <a high percentage> ACTUALLY goes to fund diabetes research).

I'm thrilled they've raised $85,000. so far. WOW!!!

PS: Can someone please post an address where folks might want to send $$s

you know what m. ashley did with his charity themed FC at last years nats.!
fantastic job tasca racing and quicklane racing!

Even though the car I voted for didnt win, that is just awesome. I hope they get the win at Indy!

That is so cool. I like how they even had the space between the crayon lines with white, not just all paint.
Good luck to this team!

So very cool! I love it!

I really enjoy Indy for all the themed cars they debut.... I really wish the teams did this more often than once a year!

That is awesome. JDRF is near and dear to my heart. My dad was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 12 and he had a hard time managing it when I was growing up. Lost the battle in 1986 at the much too young age of 46.

I am a big supporter of JDRF and hope this car raises awareness as well as money. So many people don't understand what exactly diabetes is and as a type 2 diabetic I often find myself explaining the differences between the two subsets of the disorder.

Even better when kids get involved. Empowering young diabetics in this way reinforces the idea that they don't have to let this thing get them down. Thumbs up.

I can't wait for the race. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back