Billy "The Kid" Stepp Passes (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

I saw this earlier on another site. Very sorry to hear of his passing. My best to his family and friends.

Dave

I heard that he was called a powerful gangster from Dayton but he avoided prison during his lifetime ..How true is this picture....:eek:eek RIP

main.php

Last edited:
Always loved the Mopars he had... Cars looked fast just standing still :) (especially the Challenger that was done in a side-by-side compare with a stock Challenger in Car Craft Magazine- 1973 I think)..

Rest in peace

Way cool picture. Suppose this would not be PC in today's motorsports arena.
Didn't NHRA.com think his passing was noteworthy?

Last edited:
I heard that he was called a powerful gangster from Dayton but he avoided prison during his lifetime ..How true is this picture....:eek:eek RIP

This was more true than you know! My uncle was his lawyer for many years. Billy always got us free tickets every year to the Springnationals here in Columbus. Met him once and he was a really nice guy. RIP

main.php

Wow, does that photo bring back some memories. Does anybody remember where that picture appeared? I wanna say it was in Popular Hot Rodding or maybe Hot Rod.

Sorry to hear about this. RIP Billy.

Sorry to hear about this. Didn't Billy plan a comeback at one time with his son driving? It was a long time ago, maybe real early '90s?

A friend of mine hung out with Billy and his racing "gang" in the early seventies. He sure can tell some stories. Here's a Tom Kasch photo of the car at the 1972 Spring Nationals.

Wayne.

TK-BILLYTHEKID-SPRING72.jpg

This was more true than you know! My uncle was his lawyer for many years. Billy always got us free tickets every year to the Springnationals here in Columbus. Met him once and he was a really nice guy. RIP

Looks like the paper wrote the obit, not the family.

Infamous Bill Stepp dies at 73

We had our share of characters back then, and Billy Stepp was right at the top. Great times back then, and the stories were awesome.

RIP Kid.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back