Billy Meyer and the Tex-Plex (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Just douse them with more Cats!!!!

image010.jpg

I like the longer shut down, and Mr.Pickens idea about color coding the walls.
Don't like the part about narrowing the track. :confused: Seems to me a car in trouble needs more room - not less. jmo

It depends entirely on the situation and there's almost no solution that I've seen, heard, or thought of that covers them all, other than stopping the drag racing completely.

In this situation, I think Gregg is assuming that it's a four wheels on the ground slow down. Which, is a good idea, if the only problem we encountered could be a wall scrubber. Unfortunately, we are dealing with speed, momentium and a lot of moving parts.

If you narrow the track, you reduce the real estate that the car has to gain momentum (almost like shortening the track, less room to accelerate, slower the cars go at the 'finish').

If the car is doing a barrell roll, it can essentually reduce the amount of 'rolls' but that's not necessarily the best option since the rolls disperse the energy. Rather than slamming into the concrete wall with full energy, the energy is allowed to disperse through the rolls. Rollings not always a bad thing. There's slow rolls which are the best and then there are the sort of bouncing rolls that cause it to pick up or switch directions. If you reduce the room that it has to disperse the energy, you could be causing more harm because the wall is going to get hit with more energy.

So many factors, so many 'could happens' and 'has happens'...

I might be way off base [wouldn't be the first time] but I think the narrowing of the walls would only used in the lengthened trap. In other words the "funnelling" effect would occur in the trap and not on the track.

I think in a few hundred feet before the trap so that the car is guaranteed to go into the sand, not off to the side of it or into something else.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back