Better luck next time Cruz (1 Viewer)

Pop

Nitro Member
I understand that Cruz's loss to Mike Neff on Sunday was due to the failure of a clutch component. At this point, we'll never know if they had a good enough setup that might have beat Neff.

Congrats to Neff and his team on the win, and congrats to Cruz and the guys for a really good showing on Sunday.

Great qualifying, and those all important round wins seemed to take a little of the sting out of loosing the finals for some of the crew.

Better luck next time!

Bob D.

I understand that Cruz's loss to Mike Neff on Sunday was due to the failure of a clutch component. At this point, we'll never know if they had a good enough setup that might have beat Neff.

Congrats to Neff and his team on the win, and congrats to Cruz and the guys for a really good showing on Sunday.

Great qualifying, and those all important round wins seemed to take a little of the sting out of loosing the finals for some of the crew.

Better luck next time!

Bob D.

I loved seeing Zippy beat the Cruzzer!!!!! :D

Better luck next time!

Bob D.

I notice the same last name. They got a mean hot rod. I was never aware of Danny until last season. Who else has he tuned?

I really like the look of Cruzer's Snap On flopper ... very clean. The fact that it runs like a scalded dog just makes it better!

All of that being said, I am happy for Zippy.

None! This is his first car. What he knows about racing, he learned from working with and for great people like Jimmy Walsh, Jimmy Prock, Kenny Bernstein and others over the past 12 years.

Good job to the Cruz team. People should not be bashing them, come on people let someone make a post about their fav. team and keep it positive.

I like them 'casue Danny D is a PA guy, and took classes at the same college I went to. In fact, he showed my class how to run the cylinder head flow bench.

Good job to the Cruz team. People should not be bashing them, come on people let someone make a post about their fav. team and keep it positive.

I like them 'casue Danny D is a PA guy, and took classes at the same college I went to. In fact, he showed my class how to run the cylinder head flow bench.

I wasn't bashing, I just said it was nice seeing Zippy take out the Cruzzer. ;)

isnt it amazing how bad tony has struggled since being an azz ath indy.drag racing needs cruz and tony but it is nice to see them lose.

I do. If Danny keeps up this great job, then he'll want more money, Cruz will say no, he'll jump ship. Just like the other 1,295,673 crew chiefs the Cruzer has gone through.

Again, get a clue! How many of his crew chiefs have been hired away from him like you state will happen to Danny?

Rahn Tobler.
Wayne Dupuy. (sp?)

Some others I can't think of right now....

Rahn left because Cruz had no sponsor at the end of 2009 and Wayne left because Cruz wanted to go in a different direction, no one was hired away from Cruz because he refused to pay his crew chief. Stop trying to make Cruz look like he will not pay Danny when you have NOTHING to back up your statements. If you want to talk about a team owner not paying his crew chief what they think they are worth you have to look no further than the team you idolize.

Rahn left because Cruz had no sponsor at the end of 2009 and Wayne left because Cruz wanted to go in a different direction, no one was hired away from Cruz because he refused to pay his crew chief. Stop trying to make Cruz look like he will not pay Danny when you have NOTHING to back up your statements. If you want to talk about a team owner not paying his crew chief what they think they are worth you have to look no further than the team you idolize.

Just look at Cruz's track record with crew chiefs. You can't exactly say that the crew chief position over at Cruz's is a stable one.

And for the record, JF had to make a choice: cut pay or lay people off. He made the right choice.

I'm confused. Last year, I remember Zippy saying that he was glad to be just tuning again because that is where his heart is. Then, he jumps out of the car Sunday and says it was "the best day of racing in his life." Oh well, I'm sure his emotions were running rampant and I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to have your tune up win the race while actually driving the car across the line.

Either way, this final was a no-lose situation for me. I was glad both of them made it to the end.

And what they think they are worth can sometimes be a little too much when you have to cut the pay of everyone, even your own kids!!!! And the key words are "what they think they are worth". Hell I think I should be payed more too but I'm not quitting my job because I'm not getting what I think I should!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back