Bernstein/Pustari Question (1 Viewer)

nitro

Nitro Member
Friends are in disagreement, does anybody know if Rit Pustari is the only replacement driver to drive for Kenny Bernstein, other than Brandon. One of my buddies, thinks somebody else drove his funny car for him in the early 80's, I don't remember anybody ever driving for Bernstein

Paul Weiss

Kenny was a replacement for Brandon after his wreck.

Early 80's I think at Indy somebody maybe Bily Meyer blew his body apart and ended up borrowing a body from Kenny. Could that be what you're thinking?

I think I remember reading, a long time ago, that Dale Armstrong filled in for Bernstein at a match race early in their relationship, probably not long after Dale stopped driving his Nitro car (the Speed Racer).

Back in like '82, Bernstein didn't qualify for the Big Bud Shootout. Tom Anderson did with the Wombat car, which was the same EXP body as KB's. They put KB's spare body on Anderson's car so that a Bud sponsored car would be in the shootout.

That is the only occasion I can think of.

Kenny was a replacement for Brandon after his wreck.

Early 80's I think at Indy somebody maybe Bily Meyer blew his body apart and ended up borrowing a body from Kenny. Could that be what you're thinking?

Yeah it was Meyer, Indy 86. Took it all the way to the final.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back