Beckman says it was biggest explosion of his career (1 Viewer)

481890_10151305995676410_658563362_n.png

John; thank you for all you do for the fans that can't be there!

I for one hope you soon get a full time gig!

WOWZERS! :eek:

Yeppers. It blowed up real good!!!

Thank you for posting the video John.

Last edited:
Made ESPN highlights.........
Too bad daily results to penultimate championship event carried by same did not. :)

How about the pic over on compplus that shows the chunk of body that landed in the stands. Scary!

How about the pic over on compplus that shows the chunk of body that landed in the stands. Scary!

Cory Mac had a Double Blowout in the McDonalds Dragster at Pomona one year, one of his Slicks or part of one ended up in the stands! But I dont recall anyone getting hurt!

Never heard anyone talk about the issue of the visor blowing up and exposing the eyes. This might be something to look at for future safety initiatives.

Glad he's as okay as one can be after such an event. I immediately got the implications of a possible oil-down penalty, and will be looking for asterisks next to championships. I couldn't help but draw a line from Jack's composed, well worded explanation of the explosion to the scientists that explain the universe to me on the Science Channel....I feel like I'm hearing the unvarnished truth from an expert, and it's still totally captivating, lacking in no way the intensity present.

Thanks John....I agree with many who have stated that you should be in one of the big chairs on your network. Steve Evans knew so much about the sport. He always asked the right questions, and follow-ups. The racers recognized someone in the "know" and responded with answers that made us feel like we were on the tour with them all. Keep up the stellar work.

Thanks for the videos, John. Great work!

Jack is one of the best ambassador's this sport has. Always well spoken and he has a great ability to relate what's going on with one of these monster's to the everyday fan.

on the slo-mo check out the fuel rocketing forward from latch area of front spoiler.
can someone explain exactly what is happening here? are the fuel lines
and pump under extreme reverse pressure from the explosion causing
reverse pressure in tank and spewing fuel forward out breather vent?

agree with others, i think jack just plain excels in whatever he does.

this was shown last night on the WPIX11 news in NY. They do have a tendency to show drag racing clips. They showed Alexis Dejoria, they showed Lizzy Musi's ADRL Crash.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back