Battle of the Credit Card processors???? (1 Viewer)

You must be on about the 5th waive of mail outs. They've had that designation since March of 2017. I met with their CEO in Atlanta right after that deal was announced, I think their offering (lowest net cost credit card processing) is much more narrow than that of GlobalPayments (which seems scalable to any retailer globally, inclusive of credit card processing). Both good companies, but I don't follow your tone deaf comment at all.

After getting back from meetings, I think I see the exact same e mail you got (T Ped quote at start) in my inbox.

Last edited:
I got the same email today..... and if it wasn't for this thread, I would've never noticed. Lol.

Tone deaf? I just thought NHRA might favor a company who actually supports our sport with a fairly substantial sponsorship (but, perhaps, a direct payment to Glendora has more traction).

I don’t understand what you are saying jim think about this, battle of the beers and battle of the tools what asacky are you saying?

Tone deaf? I just thought NHRA might favor a company who actually supports our sport with a fairly substantial sponsorship (but, perhaps, a direct payment to Glendora has more traction).

Let's see, the following are official "insert product" of the NHRA

Toyota (official car)
Chevy (official truck)
Peak (official antifreeze)
Bluedef (official diesel fluid and exhaust equipment)
e3 (official spark plug)
Harley Davidson (official motorcycle)
Lucas Oil (official oil)
Papa Johns (official pizza)
SealMaster (official paving products and equipment)
US Army

So to answer your question, I think the NHRA does a pretty good job at favoring companies that support our sport in terms of team sponsorships. Who knows, maybe the NHRA asked Global Electronic Technologies if they were interested in being the official credit card processing company of the NHRA and Global said no. And BTW, it's not Global Payments, it's Global Electronic Technologies (http://www.gettrx.com/index.html)

you forgot one...
Official "Cat" of the NHRA.......
me

7102.jpg

~:)~

I got an e-mail from NHRA this morning. Apparently, www.chosenpayments.com is now the official credit card processor of NHRA. Given that www.globalpaymentsinc.com has a "presence" in NHRA with the Kalitta folks, doesn't anyone (else) think this endorsement just a bit odd? Seems just a little tone deaf.

Kalitta Motorsports is sponsored by a different but similarly named company: Global Electronic Technology. I used to work for the company that was purchased by Global Payments. Card processors make lots of money.

a little off tangent.....why don't credit card companies market at the national events anymore?.....i would think a nat. event audience would be the perfect target?
a bunch of average folk, a few with excellent credit, a majority with average credit, a few with poor credit. equate to flying on a budget airline. they all have 'their' airline
card, and always with an extra signup bonus, but only if you take advantage while on the flite.......set up a booth in the midway, give away a t-shirt, and have an
extra incentive 'bonus points' for signing up at the race. some generic, high APR, cash rewards type card. i bet half or more of the customers who would sign up, run up
a balance and the card company profits endlessly of interest penalties.

Mike,

Price marketing through Google and look at the reach/cost numbers .... it's really impressive. Then go crack open Alphabet's financial statements .... they've singlehandedly changed what ROI has to be from a targeted marketing standpoint.

Jeff

a little off tangent.....why don't credit card companies market at the national events anymore?.....i would think a nat. event audience would be the perfect target?
a bunch of average folk, a few with excellent credit, a majority with average credit, a few with poor credit. equate to flying on a budget airline. they all have 'their' airline
card, and always with an extra signup bonus, but only if you take advantage while on the flite.......set up a booth in the midway, give away a t-shirt, and have an
extra incentive 'bonus points' for signing up at the race. some generic, high APR, cash rewards type card. i bet half or more of the customers who would sign up, run up
I still have my Close Call phone card around here somewheres. :rolleyes:

Good idea but I think people want to think about credit cards or bank stuff at the track I don’t pay the bills and I still don’t want to think about that poison anytime let alone the races

Last edited:
Mike,

Price marketing through Google and look at the reach/cost numbers .... it's really impressive. Then go crack open Alphabet's financial statements .... they've singlehandedly changed what ROI has to be from a targeted marketing standpoint.

Jeff
never considered that, but did a little reading and have to say i agree with you. thanks for pointing this out.

Good idea but I think people want to think about credit cards or bank stuff at the track I don’t pay the bills and I still don’t want to think about that poison anytime let alone the races
i don't want to think about them on a plane either, but they got you for a few hours, and at the very least you have to hear the sales pitch.

i don't want to think about them on a plane either, but they got you for a few hours, and at the very least you have to hear the sales pitch.
What are you talking about sales pitches on planes I’ve been on a lot of air planes and didn’t se any sales pitch?

three budget airlines that fly out of minneapolis. sun country. spirit. frontier. i have listened to card pitches on all three of them. not every single flight, in fact sun country
recently did not, but usually end up on spirit at least once a year, and every darn flight they are making an offer for their 'spirit rewards' card.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back