******bakersfield adjusts schedule-economy? (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
The historical and famous Famoso Raceway located in Bakersfield, California has just announced some adjustments to their schedule, at the web link provide:
Auto Club Famoso Raceway

******UPDATE THE ABOVE LINKED IS UPDATED ALL THE TIME BY ITS OPERATOR THE CONTENT ASSOCIATED WITH THE BLOG THREAD IN AND AT THE TIME OF ITS POSTING MAY POTENTIALLY BE FOUND IN THEIR ARCHIEVES AT A LATER DATE?*******************

It getting tough out there!:(

Last edited:
It's still in Famoso !!! About 15 miles north of Bakersfield !!

Nope..!, how about: Auto Club Famoso Raceway
33559 Famoso Rd.
McFarland CA. 93250
Office - (661) 399-2210
Info Line - (661) 399-5351
Fax - (661) 399-2608

***Just used the Bakersfield desciption as it is associated with the famous March meet, and at least from my about four decades experience with describing the facility on the west coast. We (Ormsby/Herbert, etc.) simply say "Bakersfield". Just using the historical notion to describe the facility.

;););)

Last edited:
With the recent news that Fontana can't run open header cars for the immediate future, I wonder if some of their originally scheduled events can be moved here?

I see that Barona will be actively pursuing them!:)

DG

Nope..!, how about: Auto Club Famoso Raceway
33559 Famoso Rd.
McFarland CA. 93250
Office - (661) 399-2210
Info Line - (661) 399-5351
Fax - (661) 399-2608

;););)

It's listed as McFarland because Famoso no longer has a post office. McFarland is a good ways up hiway 99 from the REAL Famoso !
If you want to drive to the track from McFarland you gotta drive thru what's left of Famoso......unless you want to take the backroads. Been there ...Done that.

It's listed as McFarland because Famoso no longer has a post office. McFarland is a good ways up hiway 99 from the REAL Famoso !
If you want to drive to the track from McFarland you gotta drive thru what's left of Famoso......unless you want to take the backroads. Been there ...Done that.

John thanks for sharing your experience as a Texan. I'm sure we all have our own experiences going to Famoso Auto Club Raceway, which the track itself describes as Bakersfield, California (regardless of the actual location/address), at the web link provided:
Auto Club Famoso Raceway

I'll just call it Bakersfield as that is what I and all the professionals I 've been involved with in the sport have called it here on the West Coast. Just my experience with the many times I've been there either in support of Top Fuel cars, or just an observer. It will always simply be Bakersfield (historical Famoso Raceway, Bakersfield, California) to me.;)

;):)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back