Autoweek Article On DSR Succession Plans (1 Viewer)

This is a good thing for NHRA and women in general.
I'm sure it's non of my business because it's probably a family affair, but why not Tony? I thought for sure he would be a shoe in (pardon the pun) for that position.

This is a good thing for NHRA and women in general.
I'm sure it's non of my business because it's probably a family affair, but why not Tony? I thought for sure he would be a shoe in (pardon the pun) for that position.
Prob still trying to drive,if he runs/operates dsr then driving might be a bit to much on his plate??

Great article, and I'm glad that there's a succession plan in place. Anybody know if DSR is having their open house at Indy this year?

When Tony moved to Austin, Texas I wondered if he was still involved with the team. There is also the business - Schumacher Electric which is a whole lot bigger entity than the race teams.

You are absolutely correct. Didn't know that until reading your post and looking it up. Thanks for the info.
I have been wondering about the Schumacher and Kalitta succession plans for some time. It's good to see the Schumacher's have a plan in place to keep the teams going, and it's good to see an article on this in Auto Week from Susan Wade (usually associated with CompetitionPlus.com). But why isn't this article appearing In National Dragster, where more drag racing fans would see it?

Yes, it is interesting that Tony does not seem to be in the picture to take over the team at all. Also, didn't know Megan was a step-daughter. She was married to James Day (hat-backwards sometimes Nostalgia FC driver) for a short time some years ago.

I couldn't care less about the "Female heads big race team" political angle, though. We in drag racing have moved way past gender barriers decades ago.

Look at Kelly Earnhardt Miller, she runs JR Motorsports 4 car Xfinity Nascar team. Very successful and smart lady. Her book is a good read.

............and it's good to see an article on this in Auto Week from Susan Wade (usually associated with CompetitionPlus.com). But why isn't this article appearing In National Dragster, where more drag racing fans would see it?........
on complus today. yes, odd timing

AutoWeek does a great job covering NHRA, always has been a great auto magazine. Sure miss those weekly issues in my mailbox.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back