At least Phil Burkart will get some more funny car seat time this year (1 Viewer)

Interesting how John thanked Murf for re-working all his cars isn't it? I thought he had thrown in the towel with Murf and went Plueger? At least that's what was said here...

Good for Phil, maybe he'll end up driving John's car, to help out Robert in the last two races! He's got the experience!!!

Good for Phil. I was hoping he would have had a ride with Force when the 4th car was brought up. Did zippy get his license?

It was only reported the Force had bought back one of his Plueger chassis. It was never reported that he went back to Plueger. That was only speculation by some.

:D Thanks John! Thanks JFR! I really, really hope they keep Phil in the seat for Vegas and Pomona too. That would be soooooo cool! Congrats to Phil for getting a chance to help John & JFR out. I keep hoping that Phil's going to get a ride for next year...

And keep working on getting well, John! :)

It was only reported the Force had bought back one of his Plueger chassis. It was never reported that he went back to Plueger. That was only speculation by some.

I think it was HOPEFUL specutation by some. It almost sounded like some people would prefer Murf was not even in business. Of course that would probably mean the Funny Car class would disappear due to a lack of chassis available. I will bet anyone that the people paying the bills are doing everything they can to make the sport safe with all the available resources they can get.

Burkart sure does fit that car well!:D As much as I like John Force, it sure would be cool to see Burkart run the last two races.

I'm really surprised nobody mentioned the value of John not seeing his competitors as enemies in this sport? Instead of bad-mouthing competitors he speaks highly of them and look what the result is?
First, Neff comes to the light as a driver for the winningest team in NHRA history.
Now, Phil Burkart openly accepts an offer to fill in with a smile.

gonna miss hearing him in the booth with Bob..... NOT
Glad JFR is letting him run the car.... explains the smile on his face everytime I saw him at Richmond....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back