Ashley Bart - Pro Fuel? (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
Was she a fill-in at the last minute for Edmonton? I haven't seen any article ackowledge that she has a supercharged alcohol dragster, though the pictures seem to say otherwise. She competed in Pro Fuel, and won on Saturday and runner-up on Sunday. I assume IHRA didn't have a full field and threw her in since supercharged Alcohol dragsters compete with A/FD's in NHRA TAD? I thought Pro Fuel was purposely put together for nitro?

From what I've seen and heard, her and Greg Sereda were "encouraged" to come out and run since Pro Fuel had a very, Very light field. Local A/FD's Ed Verenka (strong-running car but couldn't get a grip on the tune-up), Keith Falconer (problem-plagued but did a full pass this year) plus the out-of-towners of Jeff Hamelink and Massey driving Doucette's car (had a heck of a close call Sat).

Nothing against Falconer, I have tremendous respect for anyone trying to make an injected nitro car work and from what I've seen and heard, he does things his way, but that car is a long, long way from putting up competitive times. Verenka is working on his TF licence and transitioning his daughter into the AFD (Canada's John Force?) so that was his focus for the weekend. This left Massey/Doucette and Hamelink as the only 2 serious Pro Fuel cars in the field. Ashley and Greg had nowhere to race, wanted to race in their home race so they were allowed to play with the AFD's. Very cool to see that, it was almost like watching TAD...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back