Are ya watching the auction - HUGE for Darrell! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
This is cool! Tony Stewart buys a car from Gibbs, burns the tires into the staging lane and donates car, suit, helmet and ring to benefit the Darrelll Gwynn foundation. $300K for the car and an additional $205K in donations.
The young man on the stage with Darrell was from Tucson and had a new $10,000 wheelchair. Thanks to Barrett Jackson, 50 more disabled people will have their lives improved! I can't wait for tomorrow night when the FC hits the block! - :cool:

Does anyone know about what time Mike's car will be on tomorrow night?

That was really cool. Hey BTW, which race car driver beat out Tony Stewart for 1994 for the Sprint Car Championship??? :)

Paul,
not sure on time but..
Mike's is lot #1330 (shoulda been 1320!)
Sat is supposed to start with 1201, ending with 1368
Looks like TV here (west coast) is 11am to 2am Sun
So I'd guess late Sat eve, 7-11 pm maybe???

Of course I came in just as they were wrapping up the bidding on the car. Totally awesome for Darrell, the foundation, and all the people they help!!!
:):):)

I know; Sorry, I couldn't resist inserting that here. Tony & Doug had more than a few wild races back then. But really; back to the subject - that was really special to see play out live tonight. Gwynn, Amato, Jackson, Stewart.... all working together for a great cause. Can't wait to see Mike Ashley's nitro car tomorrow.

Really cool !
I sent an E Mail to them suggesting they add an oversize Bib to catch drool to the store.
Maybe put an AN fitting and catch tank on it.
Scottsale [ Left out D on purpose ] is the Mecca of the car collector world.
Six guys I know from NorCal are there just to look.
Heck of a car show!

What Darrell Gwynn, Tony and the everyone else up there did was awesome.

I'm going through the same thing with my son right now trying to get him a new electric chair and let me tell ya' they are expensive and insurance sucks. We had to fight with them on everything and that was just for his manual chair.

I'm scared to death of what hurdles the electric chair is going to pose.

Mega props to the Darrell Gwynn Foundation! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back