Any thoughts on the NHRR move from Bowling Green to Columbus? (1 Viewer)

merc49

Nitro Member
I have mixed feelings. I love Bowling Green and Beech Bend, but Columbus is 3-4 hours closer to me. I've never been to National Trail. Is there any shade for the hot rods there? And I wonder where the host hotel will be. Does it seem to anyone the NHRA just threw National Trail a bone to make up for yanking their national event? I have to believe the NHRR is a money maker, but I doubt it makes as much as a national event. We'll see.

The big problem with BG is getting in and out. With Columbus losing its national event is was a good move.

Beech Bend is the more nostalgic of the two tracks and I did make the first NHRR, but even then I remember what a HASSLE it was to get in and out of the place. The fans at Bowling Green were really appreciative and pictures of old cars looked right at home. I think the fans at National Trails will eat the deal up though and be just as appreciative and unjaded...is that a word???

Hmm...

The IHRA announced their 2007 National Event schedule on Thursday and guess what shows up on the calendar for the exact same weekend as the NHRR, at a venue less than 90 minutes up the road from National Trail?

Yep, you guessed it. The IHRA World Nationals, formerly held at Norwalk and now scheduled to be held on the new track surface supposed going in at Mansfield Speedway.

Coincidence???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back