Any official word on how the Full Throttle announcement (1 Viewer)

Gipraw

Nitro Member
will affect the teams that are currently sponsored by competing energy drinks?

I haven't been able to find anything official on it, and didn't catch any mention of it on Saturday's telecast.

All energy drink sponsors currently in the NHRA will be grandfathered in. NO new energy drink sponsorships will be accepted. Now that Powerade is gone, can Gatorade or any other sports drink come aboard?

Late...........Mitch

I have been waiting for that myself, with great interest. I'm guessing they probably don't know what's going to happen. It looks to me like yet another decision made without really thinking about first.

Dave

A Charlotte TV crew came down Friday to shoot some stuff. They were allowed in the roped-off area in front of the tower. The camera guy wanted to get some up-close footage of the dragsters doing burnouts but was not allowed past the ropes. NHRA cited the track rights belonged to ESPN (from the waterbox to the sandbox). How's that for killing some free advertising!

EDIT:
They WERE allowed to film from their vantage point behind the ropes, crewguys, support vehicles, ect.......

will affect the teams that are currently sponsored by competing energy drinks?

I haven't been able to find anything official on it, and didn't catch any mention of it on Saturday's telecast.

I had a great laugh as they panned the audience for the press conference and there was a young lady drinking a diet Rock Star.

I sure hope Full Throttle has better commercials then PowerAde's.

Lots of racing footage in the FT commercials would be great!

Me too, and they showed the same clip over and over again. She even smirked like she knew it.
rockstargalek0.jpg

Did any mention of Pro Payouts occur with the new announcement? I would hate to think that I was going to work all the way thru 2013 without any hope for a raise ....

it is obvious that the same brillant minds that have all previous decisions made these two decisions also.

Yeah it is nice that there will be a change to full throttle but all the stuff is what they said when the poweraid came on board. I hope that this time they actually follow through.

jim

After reading the article... I can only think the more things change, the more they stay the same. The entire management of NHRA has a severe case of "cranial rectumitis", and it's no wonder our sports exposure isn't any better than it is.

The NHRA management.. sheesh... they manage to get a 2 year extension with the naming rights sponsor of the series in this economical climate... you are right, they must be IDIOTS!!

Holy sh!t, are some people NEVER HAPPY?

As for Coca Cola, they are doing exactly what they should be to protect/take market share/coverage by switching brands and locking in exclusivity for Full Throttle.

The NHRA management.. sheesh... they manage to get a 2 year extension with the naming rights sponsor of the series in this economical climate... you are right, they must be IDIOTS!!

Holy sh!t, are some people NEVER HAPPY?

As for Coca Cola, they are doing exactly what they should be to protect/take market share/coverage by switching brands and locking in exclusivity for Full Throttle.

After giving the sponsor fire sale rates to begin with... yeah, sharp as a bowling ball from a management standpoint.

Now IF (and that's a big if), the soap salesman and his cronies can get more exposure out of this deal, (and more importantly DO something with it), then I'll cut them some slack...

I'm not holding my breath though..

Since they are going to Full Throttle will companies like Gatorade be able to get sponsorship (since they were not allowed before as competitors of Poweraid). Or are all non-Coke products disallowed (Pepsi cola, Gatorade, Dr. Pepper). It's too bad to chase off sponsors, but I can see both sides. The only time I really butted heads with the NHRA guys and "labeling" was the time when I was REQUIRED to put a "Winston" decal on my race car at a national event...I had just been telling the oldest boy about smoking, it's dangers, and such and didn't feel right about it, also didn't like "advertising" smoking. I know Lucas does the same thing with us now (sportsman) but I have no problem with the boys using oil....as long as it's used responsibly.

That would be nice to know. My son drew a rendering of a Dr. Pepper Funny Car. It was awesome, if I DO say so myself! :)

Since they are going to Full Throttle will companies like Gatorade be able to get sponsorship (since they were not allowed before as competitors of Poweraid)

If this were the case, could Erica Enders bring back the sponsorship she had with Revive? Now there would be no "conflict of interest" with powerade.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back