Antron Brown (1 Viewer)

2012 NHRA Top Fuel Champion

Congrats Antron great job! What a clutch moment from Brandon WOW!
Sorry double post.

Last edited:
Re: 2012 NHRA Top Fuel Champion

Great final and ending to the year. I love seeing the joy of a team that earns their first title. Congrats to Antron and team.

What an end to the season!!!

Congratulation to Antron, Brian, Mark and the entire team. What a season!!!

Mike

Congrats to Antron for holding on for a well deserved championship. Congrats also to Brandon for such a clutch driving job. That was CLOSE. I think Antron owes him dinner for that!! :D

One other thing to say, as much of a Dixon fan that I am, I can't remember when I've ever been more excited over someone winning a championship. :D
Antron is a really good dude!!!!

Last edited:
Antron deserved this without Question. And becoming the first African American motorsports champion, Iconic status.

One other thing to say, as much of a Dixon fan that I am, I can't remember when I've ever been more excited over someone winning a championship. :D
Antron is a really good dude!!!!

x2....Congrats to Antron and the entire crew. Well deserved!!

Hated seeing him go through the pain of waiting all day. So glad that he won it

I was glad to see Antron win. I enjoy seeing first time champions.

When Antron and Massey lost, and Shoe was throwing out .76s like nothing, I thought we were going to have DeJa Vu all over again. :D

I thought it was "interesting" to see Antron 'kinda deflect references to the "first African-American" business in his immediate post race interview last night. I'm sure he knows of Lewis Hamilton's accomplishments and the general silliness this ethnic bean counting and how it might divert from his accomplishment (BTW: I know, TECHNICALLY Lewis is no A/A but B/A, I guess).

NHRA ought to be proud of its' diversity but "let it speak for itself".

Antron is a great athlete and a great guy and I've pulled for him since the first time I met him at Englishtown and was running for Vincent out of what looked like a U-Haul trailer (as I remember it anyway). He has always been so fan friendly and open with fans.

He'll be a great Champion!

PS: Tough Veterans' Day for the Sarge - What dram (and, can you imagine the condition of AB's stomach by the time the last round ended?

Antron deserved this without Question. And becoming the first African American motorsports champion, Iconic status.

I thought it was "interesting" to see Antron 'kinda deflect references to the "first African-American" business in his immediate post race interview last night. I'm sure he knows of Lewis Hamilton's accomplishments and the general silliness this ethnic bean counting and how it might divert from his accomplishment (BTW: I know, TECHNICALLY Lewis is no A/A but B/A, I guess).

NHRA ought to be proud of its' diversity but "let it speak for itself".

Paul Page kept bringing up this racial crap. When I watch a race I don't see blacks, hispanics, whites, asians, women, etc. I see drag racers.

For once, could they just leave that racial crap to the politicians.

Congrats to Antron!

Paul Page kept bringing up this racial crap. When I watch a race I don't see blacks, hispanics, whites, asians, women, etc. I see drag racers.

For once, could they just leave that racial crap to the politicians.

Congrats to Antron!

I'm just saying that it should get quite a bit of pub especially from the media outlets geared toward the black community.

That said, Once Muldowney did it, say no more. Proof that NHRA Drag Racing is the standard bearer for Diversity in Motorsports where everyone is equally competitive.

Congratulations to a very deserving young man who represents himself and our sport exceptionally well.

I'm just saying that it should get quite a bit of pub especially from the media outlets geared toward the black community.

That said, Once Muldowney did it, say no more. Proof that NHRA Drag Racing is the standard bearer for Diversity in Motorsports where everyone is equally competitive.

Funny you would think that... So far, no mention on BET or TV1, and I doubt there will be- that would involve the NHRA Marketing department putting out a press release to those non-motorsports entities with the focus being on race first, and racing second. Now, as we all know, NHRA Marketing could be a bit more efficient talking to ANY media outlets- starting with ESPN- to promote the sport, but that at best rarely happens. Now tie in Ant's reluctance to have to speak about/promote the obvious, and the marketing to the black community in official capacities (outside of writing the basic story of his success and including a photo of the driver) becomes that much more awkward.

The idea that NHRAs diversity "non-program" (because there is no need for one- get out there and race, people) has to push to a certain segment of the population due to an occurrence is actually limiting the sport. NHRA should be promoting the sport to ALL markets and medias, and let the wide range of existing and rising personalities show the world that,historically, we have been the sport that so many others have tried to be like, whether they knew it or not.

I am thrilled with this. Having been one of Antrons sponsors back in his PSM days. This is so cool.

Couldn't happen to a better person.

And the thing about it is he is still the same Antron.

just great for antron, mark, brian and matco
a huge crowd of supporters in his corner as brandon won :cool:
awesome moment, one of the best in quite a few years.

congrats to DSR on 1,2,3 in TF, they had the cars to beat all year.

Funny you would think that... So far, no mention on BET or TV1, and I doubt there will be- that would involve the NHRA Marketing department putting out a press release to those non-motorsports entities with the focus being on race first, and racing second. Now, as we all know, NHRA Marketing could be a bit more efficient talking to ANY media outlets- starting with ESPN- to promote the sport, but that at best rarely happens. Now tie in Ant's reluctance to have to speak about/promote the obvious, and the marketing to the black community in official capacities (outside of writing the basic story of his success and including a photo of the driver) becomes that much more awkward.

The idea that NHRAs diversity "non-program" (because there is no need for one- get out there and race, people) has to push to a certain segment of the population due to an occurrence is actually limiting the sport. NHRA should be promoting the sport to ALL markets and medias, and let the wide range of existing and rising personalities show the world that,historically, we have been the sport that so many others have tried to be like, whether they knew it or not.

Hell I would remember when Motorsports advertising were more universal. Ford, Goodyear, Budweiser, Craftsman. Regardless of what was on, NASCAR Race, you for example a Craftsman Commercial with The Big 3 Motorsports of that time NASCAR, Indy and NHRA. During an Indy Car race you get a Kenny Bernstein Budweiser Commercial., Now it's handcuffed unto themselves.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back