Antron Brown Testifying At US Senate Hearing Today (1 Viewer)

twostep

Nitro Member
In defense of the RPM Act, which allows people to convert their street cars into dedicated race cars. He brought his whole family and plans of laying out the history behind his storied race career. Antron is good people; a true ambassador of our sport.

The RPM act is way more complicated than that, it's an attempt to basically eliminate almost if not all aftermarket performance parts/add ons. Superchargers (or any type of boost), tuners, intakes, exhaust are just the smallest handful of examples. Not only things that people would purchase to upgrade their cars to turn them into ontrack race cars. The bigger target is actually street cars with racing being collateral damage. Huge fines have already been handed out to some big as well as small mom and pop companies that perform these services and companies that produce these parts. It's based on the theory that all of these type of modifications are detrimental to the environment. It was really brought into focus with the popular youtube videos "rolling coal".

** it appears to be a moving target, the Hill amendment would allow street cars to be turned into dedicated on track race cars, apparently**
Here's an interesting read from last year about Lund Racing who's one of the best tuners on the east coast for late model Mustangs, it also mentions some fines to others etc.

Armed EPA agents raid shops

Last edited:
anyone know how ant was selected to speak to congress on this issue?
I have no idea but they absolutely got the right guy! That was as good of a presentation as anyone could make - public speaker or not.

Everybody says don’t get political on here, but it’s simple… if you vote for anyone that believes man can control the climate using your tax dollars then you will lose drag racing and all other forms of Motorsport.
Choose wisely…….
Bob, the main reason I prefer that we not get political on here is so we don't go into personal attacks due to differences of opinion. It's an unfortunate aspect of modern life that people rarely have rational, civilized conversations when there are differences of opinion. But that's my two cents. Not speaking as a moderator on this matter, just offering my personal viewpoint.

Bob, the main reason I prefer that we not get political on here is so we don't go into personal attacks due to differences of opinion. It's an unfortunate aspect of modern life that people rarely have rational, civilized conversations when there are differences of opinion. But that's my two cents. Not speaking as a moderator on this matter, just offering my personal viewpoint.
This country can’t run on one party. I don’t care who somebody votes for unless they blindly side with an ideology ( left or right) instead of asking “what does this mean for my country’s future ?” when casting that vote. Politicians used to have many differing opinions within a party. Would JFK be a Democrat today? Who knows. They all move in lockstep now….

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back