Antron Brown saw Big Daddy and Kenny Berstein run side by side at E-Town!! When?? (1 Viewer)

The only time I got to watch Big was at a Wednesday night show at E-town in '03, when he raced against Shirley for the last time there. I think he ran a 5.03 or something.

for those of you that are highly concerned...im sure he just meant that he loved watching them race there and not necessarily watching them race each other...

it is pretty interesting that they never raced each other though...

Last edited:
Look what I found....from 2003
"In the opening round of eliminations, Bernstein faced legendary Don Garlits. Ironically, it was the first time a Bernstein had ever raced Garlits. Brandon's father Kenny never had that opportunity. When Garlits was campaigning the NHRA circuit in his Top Fuel dragster, Kenny was dominating Funny Car competition. When Kenny switched to the Top Fuel category in 1990, Garlits was racing on an intermittent basis. "
Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals presented by Pontiac: Brandon Bernstein Budweiser/Lucas Oil Top Fueler

<disclaimer: I didn't hear or see the story. I'm only commenting on what was posted here. :) >
I was there for that! :cool:

DLB

I remember in 1992 Indy Bruce Larson faced Kenny Bernstein three times during the weekend (twice in qualifying, once in eliminations) and they made a big deal of it (greatest 2 out of 3 match race ever since it was between Big's car and Kenny).

Quite possibly, Larson and Bernstein qualified side-by-side at E-Town in either 1992 or 1993.
I remember when Larson was driving Big Daddy's car - we all treated it as if it was Big Daddy himself behind the wheel.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back