Antron brown 9 years later. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
I remember in late 2007 / early 2008 someone wrote a post on here complaining that they could not believe Whit Bazemore was fired for a "crotch rocket jockey." There were many people posting in that thread that were very skeptical of Antron Brown's skillset translating to the Top Fuel cars. (Sadly, I cannot find it, may have been deleted).

9 years, many race wins and 3 world championships later.... how many are still skeptical? :p

Just proves it is not as hard as it looks........................:rolleyes:
if more people had the chance, there would be better drivers than there are now
there is nothing to compare them too..............
and unless you have several million lying around , well you'll never know

Craig, neither can win without the other, but I agree with you, using a football comparison, the crew chief is the coach & quarterback, whereas the driver is the running back/wide receiver (and the rest of the team is the line). Some days the hole is so big, or the receiver is so open all they have to do is hold onto the ball ..... other days they do it almost all themselves .... but most of the time the whole team has to dominantly execute theie role to make it work.

Amen to that Jeff. Have seen lotsa races where the quicker car gets beat on a hole shot & driver has to answer to the crew. Or the driver does his / her job but the car isn't set up right & they lose. I think it's hard to be either the driver or the crew chief.

I have known Antron since the bike days. Besides his driving talent he has an amazing personality. He will be awesome with a camera on him.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back