Another Shop Break in (1 Viewer)

ProNitro Pete

Nitro Member
Over the past week end Henry Velasco's shop was broken into. 6 cranks were taken Someone was not very smart. Here is what was taken
3- 426 Velasco Billets 4.500 stroke These had special snouts on them with 4- 1/4 in key ways the snout was extra long and made for a 1 in X14 thead NUT on the end NOT A bolt in the middle.
1- 426 Velasco Billet 4.150 stroke.
1- used Crower Billet 4.500 stroke with #5 main .020 under size
1- Used Velasco Billet 4.500 stroke with #4 throw burnt and needs repair.
A $1000.00 reward offered for information leading to the person or persons who did this.
Call Henry Velasco 562-862-3110

What a shame...

Henry is one of the original "Good Guys" in the sport.

I hope that they quickly find the culprit!!:mad:

I hope when they find him, they post his name and address on the site here.

Oh how I would love to get some of these peoples information.

I actually thought absolutely the opposite.
I thought they had no idea and just took what was sitting there. I cannot think of a racer that would take a crank with a burned journal. These guys break in to turn a quick buck, not to steal stuff for their car.

Craig's List, eBay, etc. should be carefully considered for getting the best price on the market. Let's all keep watching. Oh, how enjoyable it would be to find such a culprit!

It could have been a scrap break in....... My neighbor has a commercial building, asnd the homeless were breaking in and stealing stailess . thats pretty good money for homeless.. they took some heads off some of his pumps ( cost is about a grand a piece) they probly got 1-20 bucks for them each.

If you relook at the list , it is all small stuff thats easily cartable.
AND HEAVY.
Doesnt really appear that they really knew what they were taking.....thats some one off stuff there

It could have been a scrap break in....... My neighbor has a commercial building, asnd the homeless were breaking in and stealing stailess . thats pretty good money for homeless.. they took some heads off some of his pumps ( cost is about a grand a piece) they probly got 1-20 bucks for them each.

If you relook at the list , it is all small stuff thats easily cartable.
AND HEAVY.
Doesnt really appear that they really knew what they were taking.....thats some one off stuff there

Perps stole the backflow valve off our building. Landlord replaced it the next day at a cost of $3000 and added a steel cage. Perps then stole valve and cage! It's now in a solid steel box with heavy duty anchors - have no idea what that cost! New laws in Arizona suposedly prohibit scrap dealers from paying cash. However, there are still ads on TV offering cash for scrap!
We created an apartment in our building and one of our employees (who is armed) is there 24/7. Its sad that business owners have to go to extreme measures to protect their property!

We created an apartment in our building and one of our employees (who is armed) is there 24/7. Its sad that business owners have to go to extreme measures to protect their property!

At least you live in a state that allows the live-in employee and for him to have a gun. Now in California....:(

Perps stole the backflow valve off our building. Landlord replaced it the next day at a cost of $3000 and added a steel cage. Perps then stole valve and cage! It's now in a solid steel box with heavy duty anchors - have no idea what that cost! New laws in Arizona suposedly prohibit scrap dealers from paying cash. However, there are still ads on TV offering cash for scrap!

We had one exposed piece of copper pipe extruding out of the back of our building. It was maybe 5' tall and stuck out about 4". Someone wrapped a chain around it and their car or truck and ripped it right out of the wall. The owner had it replaced and it happened again about a month later. It even damaged the water main that time. We now replaced it with iron.

They are supposed to be doing the same thing around here (not paying cash) but I heard that the scrap dealers have many ways around it (fudging the actual count of copper paid for, writing checks to fake companies and then cashing them themselves and giving out the cash, etc...)

It costs a lot to replace what these addicts basically sold foe $20.00!!! :mad::mad:

Last edited:
My friend just had his catalytic convertor stolen off of his Toyota truck. He's not a car guy, so he took it to the dealer cause he thought his son had hot rodded it since he used it the night before.:rolleyes: The dealer sold him a new one for $450 and told him that it's getting to be pretty common. He had to unground his son and apologize....:eek:
Anyways, sorry to hear about Velasco's. They did a repair on a 396 crank for my uncle's car and did an outstanding job!

Good news to report on this deal. The 3 special snout cranks are back in Henry's pocession and an arrest has been made.

Great job by all involved, except for the scumbag thief of course!

Last edited:
I'm not going to go into any more detail. Just know that it's being handled by authorities. That should be enough good news for all of us.

That's cute... what kind of idiot would take stolen parts to a speed shop???

The kind that would steal unique and damaged crankshafts, I imagine! :D I'm surprised that they'd know enough to find Robert Rheel.

Like I heard a comedian say when someone told him that many people just put ADT stickers on their homes to keep theives out..."If they can't read in the first place, that little sticker isn't going to do much good." :)

The kind that would steal unique and damaged crankshafts, I imagine! :D I'm surprised that they'd know enough to find Robert Rheel.

Like I heard a comedian say when someone told him that many people just put ADT stickers on their homes to keep theives out..."If they can't read in the first place, that little sticker isn't going to do much good." :)

My faith in the 'human' race falls each passing day...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back