Another L.A. writer goes after NHRA and Drag racing... (1 Viewer)

This was Posted in the Daily Breeze also, There Web Email was Blasted as I was told , By people mad at them, Funny Though, Right next to the story was a Picture of Hometown Hero Tony P, And a story about him.

Well I sure dont want NHRA to be Nascar because of the a$$hole fans like this (no offense to those Nascar fans here;))
I would really like to talk to his guys boss!

That was the most uninformed article I've ever read! Where is the comment feature? Was it disabled?

That just makes me MAD!

I believe people with no mechanical ability think like this writer. I like the all out performance of drag racing, and I don't watch nascar.

I've taken friends to the Local series we run, I've taken church mens groups of 25 to Indy. I would say 2/3rds of them, especially even if thier not even remotely car guys feel the same way as this author. The writer does have point with Garlits and Muldowney, when we meet people and they find out we race, those are the names that come up. Rarely do they know who John Force is! My son tells them his favorite driver is Tony Schumaker and they think he's the formula 1 guy :(

My kids go to school with hundreds of students, wear NHRA stuff, my son uses John Force Castrol bags that we get at the National events as "school bags" and people have no idea and really don't seem to care.

I have to explain to my kids that I grew up around drag racing, the're growing up around drag racing, but 98% of Americans could care less! ( but they all know who Jeff Gordon is:eek:)

What's the guy's point? So he doesn't like drag racing.
Yea that & nitro is a known carcinogen..and he doesn't want to breath whatever is coming off the back of those cars!!

I say we kidnap him and duct tape him to R. Stewart's stool for a couple of rounds! hehe

I made a call to his boss and demanded a public apology and explained how inappropriate that article was. He explained that it had been taken care of...but we all know that doesnt always mean something good. I atleast hope that guy knows how big of a mistake he made.

I've taken friends to the Local series we run, I've taken church mens groups of 25 to Indy. I would say 2/3rds of them, especially even if thier not even remotely car guys feel the same way as this author. The writer does have point with Garlits and Muldowney, when we meet people and they find out we race, those are the names that come up. Rarely do they know who John Force is! My son tells them his favorite driver is Tony Schumaker and they think he's the formula 1 guy :(

My kids go to school with hundreds of students, wear NHRA stuff, my son uses John Force Castrol bags that we get at the National events as "school bags" and people have no idea and really don't seem to care.

I have to explain to my kids that I grew up around drag racing, the're growing up around drag racing, but 98% of Americans could care less! ( but they all know who Jeff Gordon is:eek:)

I think 95% of the folks here fully realise how few people know about Drag racing. But do we fans Need others approval to decide if we should be a fan or not? :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back