Another hit to racing coming! (1 Viewer)

Didn't they do this 10-12 years ago? Isn't that the reason NHRA moved from Montreal? When you elect Tree Huggers what else you expect???:rolleyes:

The first ban triggered NHRA's withdrawal from Canada, but auto racing and aviation were given exceptions. Now they are planning to do away with the racing exception (the aviation exception is untouchable) to achieve a miniscule change - typical bureaucratic thinking - doesn't really accomplish anything, but it sounds good to the unwashed masses. It will be a real shame if this goes through - Canadian fans are among the most fanatical I've seen and it would be a real shame for the government to kill off a significant element of the local economies in Grand Bend, Cayuga and Edmonton just to satisfy a vocal, misguided minority.

"Canadian fans are among the most fanatical I've seen"

I couldn't agree more! They are the best.

Wow...this would be terrible! :mad::mad:

Canada is one of our favorite places to race!

I'm not sure what...of anything...I can do as a non-Canadian!

And some wonder why some of say liberalism and drag racing are not compatible. This move will do nothing but help some Al Gore wannabes feel better about themselves while having devestating impacts on the racers, fans, and communities around these race tracks. I hope some think about this next time they vote.:mad:

Like the article says, racers have 2 choices: change or quit. It seems like one of the key elements to being successful in anything is the ability to adapt. I say winners will find a way and the others will quit.

:(Feel good legislation run amuk!

'Gotta get rid of them incandescent light bulbs too.

What about the big bad mercury - mere details......

It's an offset deal - the mercury in the bulbs is offset by the mercury that won't be in the power plant emissions (coal-fired plants anyway).

I still haven't figured this offset thing out - how does allowing A to pollute more because B is polluting less achieve anything? Seems to me the net effect is zero...

I still haven't figured this offset thing out - how does allowing A to pollute more because B is polluting less achieve anything? Seems to me the net effect is zero...
Ah yes, but A gets carbon credits, i.e. pays more taxes, so the government gets more money, and that is what all this is about! :mad:

they indicate that there MAY BE increased health risks associated with leaded fuels

Wouldn't this also mean that there MAY NOT BE? Amazing that something passes based on what MAY be!

LOL, I bet those citizens will feel so much safer now, even though the other 98.5% of leaded fuel is still being spread everywhere by planes!!!

LOL, if you were TRYING to spread lead everywhere you could with maximum environmental saturation, which would you use? Race cars on a track or planes in the air?

Why leaded fuel has to be the end of drag racing in Canada I do not know. Seems like its time for us to get a little more proactive before we get greened right out of business.

Last edited:
Why leaded fuel has to be the end of drag racing in Canada I do not know. Seems like its time for us to get a little more proactive before we get greened right out of business.
High octane racing gas is what this is initially about. Expecting or asking thousands of racers to change their racing only engines to conform to misguided government legislated regulations is laying down and accepting ridiculous green-backed legislation. The fuel is already limited use. Ban it in Canada, and it won't be long before the same legislation happens here in America. Such legislation protects nobody. It is nannyism to the max! I'm sick of it. :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back