Angie Smith Sees Red Sunday at zMAX (1 Viewer)

CONCORD, N.C. – A strong weekend at her home track at zMAX Dragway didn’t end the way NHRA Full Throttle Series Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Angie Smith wanted it to. Qualifying ninth on her Matt Smith Racing Buell, Smith faced Hector Arana III, the same rider who barely beat her by .002 seconds at Indy two weeks ago and went on to win the U.S. Nationals.

Unfortunately Smith’s jump on the light was .008 seconds too early and she suffered a rare foul out. Arana’s bike would break at the line in the next round, allowing her MSR teammate Michael Ray to make it to the semi-finals.

“I went up there and just pushed it too much,” said a despondent Smith in her pit following the first round. “I’m just really mad at myself right now. I only went a .93, but a red light is the one thing that probably p***es me off because I’m really good on the tree and I never want to be on that side in case something happens to the other person. But, I did it. I guess we’ll have to regroup and go from there. I’ll get over it.”

Her husband, Matt, made it to the semi-finals as well, only to fall to Karen Stoffer.

The next race on the NHRA Full Throttle Series schedule is the AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals at the Texas Motorplex in Dallas. For ticket information, click HERE.

Attachments

• 022-1.jpg
    022-1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 20
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back