Anderson Ready to Close Out 2010, Looking Forward to 2011 (1 Viewer)

Every year, there is a natural tendency for people to use the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day to look back at the past twelve months and recall both the high and low moments as they make their resolutions for the upcoming year. In the case of Summit Racing driver Greg Anderson, this particular review will take longer than usual, as 2010 proved to be one of the most eventful years of his life, with everything from team owner Ken Black’s health issues to winning his fourth NHRA Full Throttle championship.

“There’s no question this has been the most challenging, most eventful and most rewarding year of my life,” said Anderson. “Every year, I’ve always looked for bigger challenges, so I guess I had better be careful what I wish for going forward! In fact, I’m sure this Summit Racing team would be fine having a quieter, albeit equally successful year in 2011. But whether it’s a quiet or a crazy year, we just hope to be up to the challenge.

“Despite everything that happened, 2010 still has to be considered a great year because of Ken’s comeback and our winning the title. I have always said that the true test of a team’s strength is how they are able to come back from adversity, and this KB Racing crew certainly showed their mettle this year. I have faith in every one of them, and think we have the perfect mix. We proved ourselves last year, but as the saying goes, you’re only as good as your last race, so we’re ready to do whatever it takes to do it again in 2011. Just like our sponsor, Summit Racing Equipment we want to be the best of the best.”

With the difficulties of 2010 behind him, Anderson is focused on the task ahead. As the defending Full Throttle Pro Stock champion he knows he will have a target on his back, with every competitor in the highly competitive category looking to dethrone him. Fortunately, with numerous successful title defenses under their belt, the KB Racing team is quite familiar with the challenge that lies ahead. Therefore, with just under two months before the season-opening Winternationals in Pomona, CA, the entire crew has been working feverishly to make sure they are ready, a task complicated by their final 2010 calamity, a transporter fire which destroyed their championship-winning car and much of their equipment.

“We have a new challenge before us, which is basically to regroup and move forward after this latest setback,” said Anderson. “Fortunately, with the season starting a little later this year, we have a couple of extra weeks to work with, which we are very glad to have. Looking at our situation, I’m sure there are a few people who think we might be a little vulnerable at the start of the season, but we’re doing everything we can to prove them wrong. It’s been a time-consuming deal, but thanks to a lot of hard work by this Summit Racing team, we’re pretty much right on schedule.

“We’re happy with the acquisitions we’ve made so far, as well as our recovery process. In fact, I think we’ve done the most we could with the time allotted. Our goal is to have the strongest race cars and team that drive through the gates in Pomona. After getting off to a slow start last year, we’re planning to come out of the gates with guns blazing in 2011, putting ourselves in a position to win races right away.

“It’s been a while since we’ve had a target on our back, and I look forward to being in that position again this year. We know how difficult it is to defend a championship, so we will be working non-stop over the next month and a half trying to gain an edge going into the year.

“It won’t be long before we fire them up in Pomona for the NHRA’s 60th season and we look forward to seeing everyone there. In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their holiday season, and has a safe and Happy New Year.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing ? High Performance Car and Truck Parts l Edelbrock, ACCEL, Moroso, K&N, MSD, Holley & More!.

Attachments

• GreggAnderson.jpg
    GreggAnderson.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 102
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back