And for the FIRST TIME EVER...... (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Joker

Nitro Member
A woman leads the Funny Car Points, Go Ashley!!! Congrats on another great race and weekend.

congrats to ashley! i wish she could have won the finals but i think and hope she can get a win this year, shes doing so great so far and leading the points! go ashley!

I was disapointed that she didn't win, but being the first woman to lead the f/c points is as good as winning a race.

I was pulling for her too!

I looked at Didi and said, "Ashley's going to win her first race unless she totally screws up."

I never expected Tim to flat out run her!

Her time is coming!

I was disapointed that she didn't win, but being the first woman to lead the f/c points is as good as winning a race.

I have to disagree. if it was the end of the year, absolutely, but in April, a victory is of much more significance than the points lead.
I wish she had both.

At least this time no one can say she had a bad light, Tim's light wasn't that spectacular either. I was stunned to see Tim flatout run her also. Ashley is a win just waiting to happen, two finals in a row, maybe three finals in a row will be the charm, I hope so.

Although it wouldn't have made any difference in this case her reaction time was not what it should be. It's improving but she needs to spend a bit more time on the practice tree. Seems like it get worse as the day goes on but perhaps that's just my imagination. Still its great to see her in the finals and even better to see her leading the points race. Now if Poppa can just get his act sorted out.

How many finals was Papa John in before he won one? Eight or nine?

Bob V. is also severly overdue in T/F. Hope he gets one soon. He's a class act.

At least this time no one can say she had a bad light, ...
Come on Kenneth... yes, actually you can say she had a bad light. It's just a fact of the numbers.

(W) Tim Wilkerson (Levi, Ray & Shoup Impala) 0.092 4.962 292.58
(L) Ashley Force (Castrol GTX Mustang) 0.125 4.993 313.95

As noted, Tim's light wasn't stellar and a .060 light would have won it for Ashley.

I wanted to see her win. But was still disappointed by her lights all weekend. In elimations her best light was .107 and she averaged a .1207.

But in her defense, there were a lot of crappy lights in Funny Car yesterday. Way off the average of for the year and probably had more to do with the set-ups for the hot track.

Last edited:
Greg is right on, she could have won it (and 2 others) with a respectable light. In reality though, I'm sure that she can practice day and night, but once in the car, on the starting line, her nerves probably have alot to do with that equation. That is something that only seat time can cure. She has really gotten alot of good seat time lately on wheeling it on the top end lately! That car was all over the place yesterday, but she did a great job handling it!
It's awesome to see her in the points lead, can't wait for her to win one!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back