Allen Johnson Looks for Three–peat at 32nd Annual Mopar Mile-High Nationals (1 Viewer)

Auburn Hills, Mich. — Team Mopar® NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Pro Stock driver Allen Johnson feels right at home at Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, Colo. Johnson is counting the days until the 32nd Annual Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals, July 22–24, the flagship event for his primary sponsor, as he attempts to score his third consecutive win and fifth straight final-round appearance at Thunder Mountain

Johnson has triumphed at the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals in 2007 and 2009–2010, and scored runner-up finishes in 2008 and 2002. The J&J Racing team owner and driver also notched top qualifying honors at Bandimere Speedway last year, as well as in 2007. The Greeneville, Tenn. native heads to Bandimere with a surplus in the confidence department.

“For years we have tested a lot at Denver and have found a combination that we feel is superior and that really works with the air up there,” said Johnson. “I feel like all of that testing is what has made our Mopar Dodge so successful at Bandimere Speedway. Anytime you’ve done well at a track, especially places you have won at it, you go back there with confidence and that helps a lot as well.”

Johnson enters the 32nd Annual Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals eighth in the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Pro Stock Standings. He was victorious earlier this season in the NHRA SuperNationals at Englishtown, N.J. and was the No. 1 Qualifier at his home track of Bristol Dragway. The Team Mopar veteran has been among the top half of the field in qualifying in 10 of 11 races this season.

“We have a really good race car right now in the Dodge Avenger and these Mopar engines are running great,” shared the Team Mopar veteran. “I feel like we should be able to keep things going there. We get to rub elbows with a lot of the Mopar executives that we only get to see a time or two each year at the Mopar Mile-High Nationals, and that adds to the event as well. I get really focused and intense when the Mopar Mile-Highs roll around, and we have very high expectations for the event.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back