Alexis DeJoria Wins Inaugural Mission #2Fast2Tasty Funny Car Challenge in Phoenix (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

Alexis DeJoria Wins Inaugural Mission #2Fast2Tasty Funny Car Challenge in Phoenix

CHANDLER, Ariz. (March 25, 2023) – Alexis DeJoria took her Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car on a winning 3.914-second at 324.51-mph ride during the final round of qualifying at the NHRA Arizona Nationals on Saturday to win the inaugural Mission #2Fast2Tasty Funny Car Challenge.
DeJoria qualified for the first #2Fast2Tasty Challenge by advancing to the semifinal round at the season-opening NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville, Fla. two weeks prior, and faced Matt Hagan as her first #2Fast2Tasty challenger on Saturday. DeJoria used a 3.980 E.T. to avenge her semifinal Gatornationals loss to Hagan and move on to the second and final round of the Mission Foods-backed specialty race. Aboard her Bandero Supra, DeJoria lined up against her Toyota Racing teammate J.R. Todd where she clocked the impressive 3.914-second blast to lead to the #2Fast2Tasty win and propel her up to the No. 2 position on the Funny Car qualifying ladder.
“It feels really good to give that $10,000 check to my team, and know that when we start the Countdown later in the year, we’ll have the added bonus of three championship points included in our tally,” said DeJoria.
“I won my first Funny Car race here in 2014, so to be the first #2Fast2Tasty winner is really incredible and it’s just one more good memory I have from this track,” she added. “Huge respect for both opponents I raced today. Both are championship winners and very good drivers.”
In addition to earning bragging rights for becoming the first Mission #2Fast2Tasty winners, DeJoria and her Del Worsham-led DC Motorsports team have the unique advantage of being one of the few teams to have made two clean passes down the track during qualifying and look forward to carrying that momentum into Sunday’s elimination rounds.
“The track has been a little tricky this weekend for most of the teams so just to make it down the track was a big deal,” said DeJoria, a six-time Funny Car event champion. “And not only did we make two good runs, but we were low E.T. of Q2 and ran second-low of Q3. It’s a pretty big deal to come off of this win today during qualifying and go into eliminations tomorrow. It’s definitely a morale boost for the team and myself, and I think we’ll do really well on race day.”
Starting from the No. 2 seed, DeJoria will be looking to replicate Saturday’s success and attempt a double-up at the final running of the Arizona Nationals. DeJoria drew Todd as her first-round challenger and will be battling to go two-for-two against her opponent as she makes a run for her second Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park Wally trophy.
“We’ll see what happens tomorrow, but tonight, we’re going home with the win. I can’t wait to celebrate with my team, and lucky for us, Bandero Tequila just so happens to go very well with Mission Tortilla chips and some salsa.”

Dejoria 2.jpg
Qualify.jpg

About DC Motorsports
DC Motorsports is an NHRA Funny Car team competing on the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of Bandero Premium Tequila, ROKiT, Toyota, and Mobil 1. Established in 2020, the team is co-owned by crew chief and two-time NHRA world champion Del Worsham and driver Alexis DeJoria.
About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion.
Prior to making her professional debut in 2011, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall. DeJoria is the only driver to own the trifecta of Super Comp, Top Alcohol Funny Car, and Funny Car victories. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back