Al Hofman Piston & Rod Clock (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
I have 2 pistons & Rods, assembled with a clock in the big end of the rod.

These are NOT chrome plated etc.. they were put together right in front of me by Al himself..

The parts are from his (Haviland) car I think??? I have no need for 2 and would be willing to sell one.. should I just put it on E Bay (but I doubt anyone there knows Al Hofmann) :(

Also no idea what to ask for ?? I see Chrome Rod & Pistons are selling for $150 at NHRA events, & you don't even know what they are out of....

John.
If it came from atomic Al, i would say the correct price would be...priceless! I would hold on to that one.

John.
If it came from atomic Al, i would say the correct price would be...priceless! I would hold on to that one.

Yes I have 2 I was there when he put the wrist pin in to hold the Rod to the Piston, & then put the AA Battery in the clocks for the big end of the Rod...

One was for me, and the other was for a friend of mine who lost interest in Drag Racing... so thats how i wound up with both..

Maybe I should keep both... one in the Den, & one in the Bedroom... whats real cool about them is the pistons are black, and the ring groves are bent from the pressure produced during the run!

After thinking about it, yes I'll most likely keep both.... but I'm 66 :( and lost my son in a MV accident, and he WAS an AVID Drag Racing Fan.. and they would have gone to him... I just do not want them to wind up in some attic or basement...

John, You might consider donating it to DRAW for their annual auction at Indy. DRAW doe's a lot for racers that are injured, or worse, while competing. Just a thought,al

John, You might consider donating it to DRAW for their annual auction at Indy. DRAW doe's a lot for racers that are injured, or worse, while competing. Just a thought,Al

THANK YOU Al..... Sounds like a great idea.. I'll still have one that he made for me... and your right DRAW "Will Do The Right Thing" with the other.. I honestly don't need 2 ...

Thanks for a great suggestion!!

John, I too would suggest that you donate the Rod Clock to DRAW. They are great people, and anyone bidding on it will know the real value of what you have. I got my start in drag racing working as a grunt for Al , Helen and Jimbo in 1999. I appreciate what they were able to do for me and my career. I for one would be bidding on that item as Al was one of the best behind the wheel of a flopper and true "car guy". He "got it" RIP Al

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back