al hoffman-dover hall of fame (1 Viewer)

afx421

Nitro Member
here in connecticut we have a cruise night every saturday night ran by the track manager and starter of the old dover drag strip in wingdale n.y, dover closed in 1981, and once a year they have a dover drag strip reunion, unfortunatly this year is the last dover reunion, the dairy the cruise night and reunion is held will be torn down , anyway, this year was the biggest and best yet, and every year they induct 3 or 4 people into the dover hall of fame, this year al hoffman was an inductee, his sons were there diplaying thier dragsters. i believe his son wayne excepted the trophy for his dad. great gesture for a great racer. rip al

It was great to see Al's "China Syndrome" car here at Indy this weekend. Didn't know it but the car is now owned by a guy who lives about 4 miles from my house... who knew :confused::confused:

I actually sponsor Al's son Wayne. They are great people. It is sad that Al is gone, I am just glad Wayne got to spend time with him in February.

That was really nice of you guys to put Al in that deal. I still can't believe he's gone.

Dave

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back