ADRL Taps Former IHRA, NHRA Sales Manager As Director Of Contingency (1 Viewer)

O’FALLON, MO (March 1, 2011) – The American Drag Racing League (ADRL), the world’s premier eighth-mile drag racing league, announced on Tuesday that Karen Raffa has been named the ADRL’s Director of Contingency.
With previous successful stints in both the NHRA and IHRA, Raffa brings an extensive contingency background to the ADRL, which begins its seventh season in 2011.
Raffa’s wealth of experience includes time as the Director of Contingencies in the IHRA and Advertising Sales Manager for Jr. DRAGSTER in the NHRA.
Most recently, Raffa worked as the Sales Manager of Contingency Programs and SPEED Magazine for the All Harley Drag Racing Association (AHDRA).
She played a major role in the AHDRA increasing its revenue 79 percent, and is looking to have the same impact in a newly-created position with the ADRL.
“I am very impressed with the ADRL and have been watching them for a while,” Raffa said. “I just love the competitiveness and intensity of these racers. I also think it’s a great place for sponsors to showcase their products, and a wonderful place for fans as well.
“It’s great combination of sponsors, racers, fans and tracks and the ADRL entertainment-level is set very high.”
During her tenure as the Director of Contingencies for the IHRA, Raffa increased the postings from $2.8 million to more than $18.8 million, while she increased sales more than 125 percent in each of her four years working with the Jr. DRAGSTER publication in the NHRA.
Raffa’s impressive background also includes a prosperous term as the Senior Vice President of Sales for the International Hot Boat Association.
In her new Director of Contingency position with the ADRL, Raffa sees plenty of opportunity to create new partnerships with sponsors.
“I’m excited to get on the phones and talk to sponsors and get them to know the ADRL and how serious the team here is,” Raffa said. “I would like to have a midway that’s a mile long and will showcase the manufacturers that makes products for these awesome cars and bikes.
“That’s my goal and I’m ready to jump right in. I’m going to be dialing up the people I’ve known for the last 30 years, renew those friendships, bring them into the ADRL and ask them to join us. Together, we will build a bigger and stronger ADRL.”
The 2011 ADRL Tour begins on March 25-26 with CarSafe Dragpalooza VII presented by LenMar Motorsports at Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, Texas.
“We are extremely excited to have Karen as our new Director of Contingency. This is a perfect position to utilize her many talents that have been repeatedly proven in the drag racing industry,” ADRL Executive Vice President Jeff Fortune said.

ABOUT THE ADRL

Based in O’Fallon, Missouri, the American Drag Racing League is the world’s premier sanctioning body for the sport of eighth-mile drag racing. The professional categories featured in the ADRL are Pro Junior Dragster, Extreme Pro Stock, Pro Extreme Motorcycle, Extreme 10.5, Pro Nitrous and Pro Extreme, the quickest doorslammer class in all of drag racing. The 2011 ADRL tour consists of nine national events run throughout the United States. For more information on the ADRL, visit ADRL.us :: American Drag Racing League

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back