Ace heading to Kalitta? (1 Viewer)

Definitely possible. Somewhat odd that The Ace is heading over there when she won't even be running a full schedule. Maybe he'll help out with other parts of the team until she's running full time.

I'm sure he'll do fine over there... just like the first time he worked for Kalitta. :)

I'd like to see him tune the 2nd AJ top fueler. . wouldn't that be a cool duo with his son tuning Dixon.

If this is true GOOD for Ace!Bout the only news that would be any better would be Ron Capps leaving the devils henchman team (DSR) and driving for somebody,anybody other than where hes at now.One can only hope !

If this is true GOOD for Ace!Bout the only news that would be any better would be Ron Capps leaving the devils henchman team (DSR) and driving for somebody,anybody other than where hes at now.One can only hope !

i think if napa is re-upping with DSR and asking ron to remain as their
spokeperson/driver, i think ron will stay - IMO the NAPA FC is a great ride;
they do a lot with that NHRA car/driver, more than can be said of almost
any other team out there..........i will join the crowd that would certainly
like to see a consistent improvement in performance though.
hope they're challenging towards the top in 2011.

I dunno; Ed knows from experience that Connie doesn't like new chassis' :D..... "That effin pipe don't know nuthin; you don't believe me? - ask it!" :p :) Those guys would have a blast working together again

Definitely possible. Somewhat odd that The Ace is heading over there when she won't even be running a full schedule. Maybe he'll help out with other parts of the team until she's running full time.

Bernie - Here's something else that John Paul Dejoria dabbles in, along with Patron Spirits being the Title Sponsor of the American LeMans Series -

Scott Sharp Pictures - Monterey Sports Car Championships - Zimbio

The cost for the Patron Alky F/C and even the future fuel F/C pales in comparison to this effort! I'd really like to meet him someday - a truly self made man who totally supports his daughter. They are doing this the right way by bringing Alexis along slowly. He may not be Sheik Khalid, but I think he can afford this - remember, he also owns the Paul Mitchell brand, which I would think would be an excellent vehicle for attracting more female NHRA fans.

The cost for the Patron Alky F/C and even the future fuel F/C pales in comparison to this effort!

Saw a shot a while back of the Monterrey Historic races where they showed one photo with over $40m in vintage cars, all lined up and ready to go out on the racetrack :eek:

Those folks have real money, and aren't afraid to have fun with it.

Saw a shot a while back of the Monterrey Historic races where they showed one photo with over $40m in vintage cars, all lined up and ready to go out on the racetrack :eek:

Those folks have real money, and aren't afraid to have fun with it.

According to Forbes, he's worth 4 billion.

Any idea how much Sheikh Khalid is worth or atleast, has access to?

According to Forbes, he's worth 4 billion.

Any idea how much Sheikh Khalid is worth or atleast, has access to?

It's really hard to tell, the mix of public/private money, the complex family relationships, etc. make it tough. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's in that neighborhood.

Bernie - Here's something else that John Paul Dejoria dabbles in, along with Patron Spirits being the Title Sponsor of the American LeMans Series -

Scott Sharp Pictures - Monterey Sports Car Championships - Zimbio

The cost for the Patron Alky F/C and even the future fuel F/C pales in comparison to this effort! I'd really like to meet him someday - a truly self made man who totally supports his daughter. They are doing this the right way by bringing Alexis along slowly. He may not be Sheik Khalid, but I think he can afford this - remember, he also owns the Paul Mitchell brand, which I would think would be an excellent vehicle for attracting more female NHRA fans.
Alexis and her dad are two of the down to earth and nicest people you would ever want to meet and Alexis is awesome to work with.

Last edited:
It's really hard to tell, the mix of public/private money, the complex family relationships, etc. make it tough. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's in that neighborhood.

I found an article from April of 2008 that says his father is worth around $2 billion, but as Christopher pointed out, there is a lot of complexity in estimating the wealth of royalty. The following was a quote from the article:

"Forbes noted that because many of the royals inherited their wealth, share it with extended families, and often control it "in trust for their nation or territory," none of those on its list would qualify for the magazine's famous annual world billionaires ranking.

"Because of technical and idiosyncratic oddities in the exact relationship between individual and state wealth, these estimates are perforce a blend of art and science," it added.

Qatar Emir world's 7th wealthiest royal | Qatar Living

In searching, I also found another really good article on the "young" Sheikh (I didn't realize that he was only 23 (22 at the time of the article)) in the Wall Street Journal that I had never seen. Enjoy!

Sheik from Qatar Spends Millions to Support His Drag Racing Team - WSJ.com

there is a lot of complexity in estimating the wealth of royalty. The following was a quote from the article: because many of the royals inherited their wealth, share it with extended families, and often control it "in trust for their nation or territory," none of those on its list would qualify for the magazine's famous annual world billionaires ranking.

That's why I keep my name off of those lists as well :D

i think if napa is re-upping with DSR and asking ron to remain as their
spokeperson/driver, i think ron will stay - IMO the NAPA FC is a great ride;
they do a lot with that NHRA car/driver, more than can be said of almost
any other team out there..........i will join the crowd that would certainly
like to see a consistent improvement in performance though.
hope they're challenging towards the top in 2011.
I totally agree and couldn't have said it any better myself! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back