AB Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Topeka (1 Viewer)

AB logo.jpg

Topeka Pre-Race Report

Menards NHRA Nationals
Presented by PetArmor
Event 14 of 22
Heartland Motorsports Park
Topeka, Kan.
Aug. 12-14, 2022

ANTRON BROWN: Driver of the Matco Tools Top Fuel Dragster
2022-08-10_15-33-06.jpg
Highlights.jpg

Noteworthy:
On Thursday afternoon, Antron Brown will throw out the first pitch at the Kansas City Royals game
The Brown family spent NHRA’s sole ‘off weekend’ between the Western Swing and the Topeka/Brainerd events at a Jr. Drag Racing event in Cordova, Ill. where Brown’s middle child, Anson, raced to a runner-up finish

Quotable:
“Topeka has always been one of my favorite races, especially since it brings back memories of one of my drag racing heroes, Gary Ormsby, when you turn into the track onto Gary Ormsby Drive. We’ve won at Topeka before and we tend to qualify well there. We’ve lost some close ones there in the past, and it’s definitely one of those tracks that can hold big numbers. After our Seattle race, I feel that our team as a whole at AB Motorsports has turned a corner, and we’re excited to get out there. The track is going to be hot, it’s going to be tricky, and those are definitely the types of conditions where we shine.”

About AB Motorsports
Established in 2019 and making its on-track debut in 2022, AB Motorsports is a single-car NHRA Top Fuel team owned and operated by three-time world champion Antron Brown. Headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., the team competes on the 22-race NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of Matco Tools, Lucas Oil, Toyota, SiriusXM, Hangsterfer’s Metal Working Lubricants, and Summit Racing Equipment.
Brown, who serves as both the owner and driver of the AB Motorsports Top Fuel dragster, is the only competitor in NHRA history to have won races in both the Top Fuel and Pro Stock Motorcycle categories. Brown is a 68-time NHRA national event winner and became the first Black driver to win a major U.S. auto racing championship when he captured the 2012 NHRA Top Fuel series title.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back