AAA Rumor (1 Viewer)

Well, if true, That sucks! But if you look at Amalie, Their income comes from people driving and right now, A lot of people are working from home.

Yeah but people still need to insure their cars whether they are using them much or not.

I was told recently by a State Farm agent that 2020 was a banner year for auto insurance. No one's insurance went down, but claims went way down.

We've had AAA for years. Really helps when car breaks down or battery goes out, etc. Chris, so true about people driving less. Even the bus & lite rail ridership are way down. I usta ride the lite rail to the airport when I worked there & it was always packed. BTW, we have our car & house insurance thru USAA. They recently quit the car buying service they had. I bought my car thru them, so will miss that.

Floyd, Don Ewald posted this on Facebook this morning and he's a pretty good source. I'm sure more will come out soon.

All good things come to an end, I think it was nearly 20 years they supported JFR. Their sponsorship is the reason why I joined AAA and I have had them ever since. If true, it sucks to see another top car on the sidelines. I wonder if we will see a father/son tuner/driver on Austin's car? That's assuming Austin's sponsors are coming back, I think I saw them on the side of Austin's Chili Bowl ride, so that's encouraging.

Last edited:
I've been with AAA for 25 years just like a whole lot of drag racers. We are a big client base. A cut back I could understand but a complete abandonment would not make good sense.

AAA IS staying with Force. :(
Does that mean they finance one organization while most of Southern California's drag strips are left high and dry? I'm sorry, but I'm a racer and having places to race is infinitely more important to me than team Force having one less sponsor.

Plus I was under the impression the reason AAA supports drag strips is to promote highway safety and reduce illegal street racing by offering an alternative, right? That would make this move grossly irresponsible.

Last edited:
Does that mean they finance one organization while most of Southern California's drag strips are left high and dry? I'm sorry, but I'm a racer and having places to race is infinitely more important to me than team Force having one less sponsor.

Plus I was under the impression the reason AAA supports drag strips is to promote highway safety and reduce illegal street racing by offering an alternative, right? That would make this move grossly irresponsible.
All I know is what I stated in my first post.

David,

The Auto Club isn't the reason that California Drag Strips are idle right now. And I would venture to say that during a normal season, many more people are exposed to the Auto Club AAA logo from Robert Hight's car and the other JFR teams than the signs at the tracks.

Alan

I looked at the web site. Where is the drag strip located, on the back stretch? I've never heard of this track before, but I'm not into road racing, etc. It looks like a great track. We have a track somwehat like this (members only) down in Wilcox, SE Arizona.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back